Thanks ESPN - ticker on Pledger and Fitz all night

buttermaker1

Reaction score
Well if Capel watched the KU UT game last night he is going to be really PO'ed at Fitz and Pledger. ESPN scrolled the story the entire game.

Not to mention they scrolled that they were "arrested" when they were NOT arrested. They need to be held accountable for their consistently shoddy reporting. Their borders on libel when you report that someone was arrested when they weren't.

Not to mention they scrolled that they were "arrested" when they were NOT arrested. They need to be held accountable for their consistently shoddy reporting. Their borders on libel when you report that someone was arrested when they weren't.

The statwide news affiliate reported that they were arrested.

"Cited" isn't nearly as compelling as "arrested." Also, until I read today's Norman Transcript article on the incident, I thought both were arrested and released. http://www.normantranscript.com/sports/local_story_040035630?keyword=topstory

It's good to remember that news organizations have to make a buck in order to operate. While I did not like seeing the ESPN scroll on Pledger and Fitz last night, at least OU is newsworthy.

Unfortunately, because of that scroll and the newsworthiness of OU Athletics, both young men will now have to endure this story for the rest of their careers at OU.

They were cited at the scene and released, I am 100% positive on this as I've heard it from players and from the PD. These news outlets need to be held accountable because there is a huge difference between cited and arrested.

Back