The entire focus of this team should be ...

bocabull

Banned
Reaction score
offensive field goal %. We are 97th in the nation in shooting % at 45%. Last year we pushed 50% which is where Texas and Kansas are right now.

Cade Davis needs to hit the pine. He has shot in the 30s his entire career. No way you can have a starter shooting in the 30s.

They are last in the Big 12 in field goal percentage, and 97th in the nation as you pointed out.

What else can they do? I mean, TMG scored 20, WW had 26, Tiny had 16, etc. Tony had a bad night because it was a TERRIBLE matchup for him.

I mean, I can't even tell what they are doing out there. Can you? They just stand around and launch 3's or try and take people by themselves. At halftime UTEP had 12 assists and OU had 3, because they don't run any offense.

We will have to see what happens in Seattle. That game is obviously very important and heading into the conference season at 8-5 with no quality wins would be pretty bad. Hopefully they play that Gonzaga game with a sense of urgency. They NEED to win.

I totally disagree with this idea. The only reason we shoot such a low percentage is because we shoot so many threes. The reason that we shoot so many threes is because we start 4 guards, all three-point shooters.

But the big reason we shot such a high % last year and will not, no matter how much we "focus" on it, be able to shoot that high of a % again this year is because BLAKE GRIFFIN IS GONE. All his dunks were what kept our % so high.

If we are going to focus on something, it needs to be transition defense.

I think the team should press more. It gets them excited and forces the other team out of their half courts.

You can't think about FG % or you end up missing a ton of shots. We need to defend. We are awful at fast breaks. Even in the few chances we've had we always find a way to not score on fast breaks and then we allow fast breaks back against us after bad turnovers or bad shots.

[sarcasm]Yes, Boca is brilliant. We should sit a guy who has been the leading scorer in 2 of our last 7 games, who defended Rotnei Clarke fabulously, and who has provided much of the defense we've seen this year.....That guy shouldn't play. [/sarcasm]

I totally disagree with this idea. The only reason we shoot such a low percentage is because we shoot so many threes. The reason that we shoot so many threes is because we start 4 guards, all three-point shooters.

But the big reason we shot such a high % last year and will not, no matter how much we "focus" on it, be able to shoot that high of a % again this year is because BLAKE GRIFFIN IS GONE. All his dunks were what kept our % so high.

+1

I could sure go for some of that boring defense that everyone used to complain about.

Boomer Sooner!

Edit - I shouldn't say that, it was the rabid defense but little offense that everyone was complaining about. Well, I would even take some of that over what we have now.

Boomer Sooner!

Last edited:
They definitely need to concentrate on defense. Defense leads to fast breaks and easy points which leads to more producting offense.

Back