The foundation at OU is set for championship run

thebigabd

Reaction score
Not this year, but I see a foundation being set at OU that they are going to build around (starting with Cameron Clark and TJ Taylor)...

Stephen Pledger, Andrew Fitzgerald, Tiny Gallon, and Tommy Mason-Griffin are as good a freshman foundation as you will find in college basketball. You have most of your pieces here.... Athletes, skill, shooting, rebounding, a great point guard, a great center, size, etc...

These are the core guys that Capel is going to build around, and by next year and especially year 3 (when all these guys are juniors) OU will be in a position for great things.

I love it.....

I doubt if Tiny will be here his JR season but Fitz, Pledger and TMG are a great group to build around when they are JRs and SRs.

I would love to see Capel add an athletic defensive stopper type. Not a guy that needs to score, but someone that can shut down the opposing teams best guard/wing and get rebounds, do the dirty work. Maybe a Juan Patillo type but with much more discipline. Daryan Selvy is a good example, I thought he was a key cog in the final four run.

Speaking of, didn't realize he was coaching now...

http://www.uafortsmith.edu/Basketball/DaryanSelvy

Back