The official Life on the road is not fair in the Big 12 thread

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Name the calls that bugged you:

1. "Foul" on Ryan on the Duck Davis alley-oop.
2. "Foul" on Tiny then Crocker when Duck Davis failed to dribble correctly.

I am used to it on the road, but it still sucks.

there were two phantom fouls on the Davis-fumbled-the-ball-so-we-need-to-bail-him-out.

The most irritating thing for me was listening to that idiot announcer suggest AM should get three foul shots on the final play.

How about the no call on B Davis when he flew over WW body to block a shot landed on his hip and hurt himself.

How about the 5 second call.

I was of mixed thoughts on the 5 second call.

I agreed Sloan stayed close enough to Willie when Willie backed up his dribble to get the call - but thought the ref started the five second count when Sloan was too far away in the first place.

Willie got fouled by Sloan with them up 1. Head fake and then Sloan leaned in to him

That was the pivotal play of the second half, the refs went from calling a foul when anyone was breathed on to not giving Willie the call on an obvious foul that gets called ever single night in every single basketball game played in America.

This thread deserves to be bumped.

You guys can laugh all you want, but on the road in the B12, if you are letting your best big play the first five minutes of the game, you get what you deserve. If I am Capel I am starting Wright or Allen on the road every time.

I mean seriously, going back to the Big 8, I can predict that within 3 minutes, the best big on the road team will have two fouls, and then within 5 minutes after that, the refs will get the home teams big with a make-up call or two and then he'll be on the bench.

I say that when we are on the road, you get 10-12 minutes from Tiny in the first half instead of the "at best" 3 minutes the officials will give him. Just tell Tiny to focus on his minutes, not whether he gets the start.

I don't like complaining about the calls. I have to admit last night, the officials made some ghost calls. I was absolutely blown away several times on fouls that SIMPLY DIDN'T HAPPEN. Boo!

Back