The way we play defense

OU918

Reaction score
We will be lucky to win 7 conference games. Lot of guys just standing and watching...

agree, this team looks lost on the def end, capel has done a bad job with this bunch

agree, this team looks lost on the def end, capel has done a bad job with this bunch

Agreed, this team simply has a hard time guarding any other team with a pulse. We got used to great defense night in and night out from KS teams and we aren't going to see anything like that under Capel.

Lots of different comments than I heard from the last 3 games. They played great defense the last 2 games so we know they know how to do it.

we played good D at times, the blind officials did not help our D today, no consistency

Confucious say: Don't make knee jerk remarks in the middle of game. They may come back to haunt you after game.

That team was not a good matchup for us on defense - but we weren't a good matchup for them when they were on defense either.

If we actually played good D at times, we could have had a steal at the end that would have sealed th... oh wait. Our D is inconsistent, but it's getting better.

Why do people expect every freshman to play like BG and WW did?

Freshman are streaky...they play hot and cold, they're going to lose some games they should win and vice versa but once March rolls around this is going to be a very good team.

We are an inconsistent defense. At times, we play brilliantly. At times, we look like we are watching the game.

For the most part, we have one senior that plays regularly, and he plays pretty good defense. The rest are former offensive high school stars who have to learn how to play defense. They can, but they get distracted from their focus. It may take some time to get some consistency from this group.

Agreed, this team simply has a hard time guarding any other team with a pulse. We got used to great defense night in and night out from KS teams and we aren't going to see anything like that under Capel.

Wow, just Wow.

Confucious say: Don't make knee jerk remarks in the middle of game. They may come back to haunt you after game.

That team was not a good matchup for us on defense - but we weren't a good matchup for them when they were on defense either.

:clap

Not a knee jerk reaction. Utah missed a ton of wide open shots. Defense is plainly about EFFORT. Crocker is the only guy that looks like he cares. I'm glad we won, but Utah is NOT a very good team. Better shooting teams will make us pay unless we step it up on the defensive side.

I didn't watch the first half because I've had a busy day but we gave up 42 at the half so we clearly didn't play well the first half, but we were amazing in what I saw on defense. Even though that 8 foot guy got a few easy baskets, that happens sometimes. Our defense has turned things around clearly. TMG and Willie both played really good and were clearly the best 2 guards on the court.

Not a knee jerk reaction. Utah missed a ton of wide open shots. Defense is plainly about EFFORT. Crocker is the only guy that looks like he cares. I'm glad we won, but Utah is NOT a very good team. Better shooting teams will make us pay unless we step it up on the defensive side.

Cade plays with a lot of defensive intensity and I think TMG has the potential to be a very good on ball defender. Tiny has the tools but has a lot to learn but it was the refs that took him out of the game today. WW on the other hand seems to lack the desire to play D unless it is absolutely necessary.

I know what I've seen since the first of the season and the defense has improved leaps and bounds. They didn't have that many wide open shots, I saw great steals that were called fouls. I saw great rebounding that some were called fouls on. Crocker and Cade are definitely our leaders on defense but Tiny has gotten better as well.

We gave up 25 in the second half. If we are giving up 25 a half we will win most games we play.

I think it is a bit early to throw Capel under the bus. He has a team that has 4 freshman, 2 sophomores, 2 juniors and 2 seniors. One of the juniors and one of the seniors has limited playing experience. OU is probalby one of the youngest teams in college basketball. The defense is coming along. They still make mistakes but they are doing better.

Back