This team has no leadership

SKSooner

Reaction score
Can anyone point to someone on our team and consider them a leader? Willie Warren probably needs to be our leader, but he's not acting like a leader. I think that's part of the reason Capel benched him. Capel knows that we aren't going to get better until someone on the team steps up and assumes a leadership role. Willie needs to fix his attitude problem, and he needs to grow up and become a leader.

Tony Crocker has the be the leader on this team. In many ways one could consider Tony the face of the Capel era because he was here at the very beginning and honored his commitment after Kelvin left. Tony needs to step up, be vocal, and take charge.

I know Crock is the senior, but I would really like to see Pledger become that guy.. I am not really sure why, but when I saw this thread the first player that came into my head was Pledger.

There is some definite truth to this thread. I agree with you, abd, and think that in time (as in starting next year), Steven Pledger will be a leader on this team. This year, I think it is up to Willie, Crock, and Cade. Ryan can keep on being a leader off the court, but it is hard to lead when you are not playing, or making much of an impact on the court.

Cade Davis is becoming a leader. Or maybe you could say "the" leader. Yes he is leading by example with his hustle, but I've also noticed him telling everybody where to be, encouraging everybody and talking a lot more this year.

So I wouldnt say we have NO leadership. We just need more, and we need the freshmen to listen.

Cade Davis is becoming a leader. Or maybe you could say "the" leader. Yes he is leading by example with his hustle, but I've also noticed him telling everybody where to be, encouraging everybody and talking a lot more this year.

So I wouldnt say we have NO leadership. We just need more, and we need the freshmen to listen.

Cade has been a very welcome suprise for me this year. There's no better leadership than by example, and I think you'll see his hustle and work ethic start to rub off on his teammates. I agree with Tiny; I love Cade Davis.

No leadership is correct. You lead by a combination of play, understanding of team goals, and sacrifice. No one is doing that.

This is probably the more accurate post. I also noticed Cade directing traffic yesterday. That would be a welcome sign if he became a stronger, vocal leader.

I know Crock is the senior, but I would really like to see Pledger become that guy.. I am not really sure why, but when I saw this thread the first player that came into my head was Pledger.

Pledger has all of the qualities to be an outstanding leader, just not this year. Players rarely assume that role their first season, but if no one else steps up he may have no choice. I'm convinced he could do it.

I think the jury is still out on Tony. He has been known to hurt the team in the past by displaying his emotions in a negative way. Good leaders lead by example, and he hasn't done that so far. I was hoping Willie would be the leader this team desperately needs. But I'm not sure he is prepared to assume the role he talked so much about before the season began.

Cade, on the other hand, has really stepped up his game and seems determined to take on the role of a team leader.

I think Capel should be the leader!

While I agree that Pledger is likely to emerge as a team leader at some point, he is not an established starter right now. Doesn't it seem unlikely for him to be seen as a true leader if he is not a starter?

While I agree that Pledger is likely to emerge as a team leader at some point, he is not an established starter right now. Doesn't it seem unlikely for him to be seen as a true leader if he is not a starter?

Not necessarily. He's that super 6th man that could fill that role just as easily as a starter. His youth is more a deterrant that not starting IMO.

Steven has already displayed his leadership on the court. Confidence and being calm. He displayed his leadership at Atlantic Shores and it is being seen at OU faster than we all expected. He is the start of some exciting things this season......from a Freshman

Since first seeing Pledger play, I've thought he was the key to this club becoming competitive. I think he should absolutely start. The problem has always been that I couldn't see putting either TMG or WW on the bench. The only real way to elevate him to start was to move Crocker to the 4 or to the 6th man, which I still think is the answer.

I think Capel should be the leader!

Come on. You have to have leadership ON THE COURT. You have to have players that take control.

Unless you want Capel to suit up and play then he can't do it all.

Back