Thoughts on Creighton

jaymOU

Reaction score
Great crowd and atmosphere! Impressive showing by their fans

Lattin should, right now, take all of Bennett's minutes. Very active hands on defense - can think of two or three times he created turnovers with his length. He is going to a really good player.

Woodard needs to play better. Unforced errors and when the offense struggles, I always blame the PG. PG must be able to get the team into sets and work for shots. The offensive douldrums OU got in last night were the result of too much one-on-one play. Woodard needed to take charge

Would love to see more 2-man game with Hield and Thomas - saw it once, maybe twice, but might be a nice option.

Thomas is a beast. The dunk on the break was impressive, but his handles were better than I expected. I was disappointed in one aspect of his game - low post moves. Showed great moves, but almost exclusively facing his man. Be interesting to see what he has beyond the dribble drive - which was nice.

Cousins needs to be more aggressive offensively

Hield needs not to "disappear" for long stretches

Super excited about what I saw last night.

Lattin should, right now, take all of Bennett's minutes. Very active hands on defense - can think of two or three times he created turnovers with his length. He is going to a really good player.

Woodard needs to play better. Unforced errors and when the offense struggles, I always blame the PG. PG must be able to get the team into sets and work for shots. The offensive douldrums OU got in last night were the result of too much one-on-one play. Woodard needed to take charge

Would love to see more 2-man game with Hield and Thomas - saw it once, maybe twice, but might be a nice option.

Thomas is a beast. The dunk on the break was impressive, but his handles were better than I expected. I was disappointed in one aspect of his game - low post moves. Showed great moves, but almost exclusively facing his man. Be interesting to see what he has beyond the dribble drive - which was nice.

Very, very good post. I'm hoping Woodard got that sort of horrendous performance out of his system last night. Jordan is a much better player than we saw against Creighton – and a huge key to our success this season.

Thomas does need to learn some defense. Too many layups and close in baskets. And he didnt get as many rebounds and he needs to get. All this will come as he gets more experience with this team .

Lattin should be the 3rd big, absolutely. He has tons of upside, especially defensively.

Kruger will do a better job of matching personnel together as the season goes along, he got caught with uneven lineups on the court last night.

Last night's downfall was the subpar play from Woodard/Cousins/Booker, they were pretty bad.

Losses happen, the key is use last night's loss to get better.

This team is going to be good in time. Last night we saw when they got up big they relaxed and tried to cruise from there. That is going to be their m.o. til they realize to put the dagger in when they got the other team down. Kruger should be correcting that in the next few games.

The bench is going to win us some games this season. Walker and Lattin did some good things and they will only get better with more pt. Lattin is very natural and fluid on the court. Once he gets used to playing more, I believe he will be very fun to watch.

Buddy needs to stay out of foul trouble and be a little smarter getting foolish fouls. He let the defense dictate what to do on offense. He needs to be more assertive going to the hole. As he goes, the team goes on offense.

Tashawn looked a lot better this game. We will see him get better. He has a nice jumper and can be active around the basket. The chemistry of the team still has some issues but that is expected. Once they realize their potential, look out.

Overall, we need to see more consistency out of this team and see improvement as the season goes along. Not pleased but the ingredients are there for a very good season.

What about Spangler? I see you list 4 of the starters, but did not see Spangs on there anywhere. I guess he did good, another double-double. I guess we as fans have come to expect that.

Well the good news is I think OU has a chance to be the team it was in the first half for most of the year. I don't think the difference from the first half to the second was so much of what Creighton did, it was more of what OU didn't do. Lack of spacing, discipline, and execution is what did us in. I also think nerves became an issue to some degree. That was a huge test for any team although for one half OU looked like an elite team who'll blow right through Omaha. Hopefully with some seasoning we'll get there.

Back