Tiny Gallon

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
Let's not forget this guy. He is being implemented on the offense more. He'll be drawing double teams soon.

You're right. It's very scary to think of what this guy could become. I predict right now that Tiny stays at least a second year. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:woot

i think he is becoming more comfortable with his role...i have seen a big improvment in his post moves, tonight he was very impressive...

This team is so much better when they work to get him involved, i wonder if Capel will allow him to expand his game a little further around the perimeter as the season progresses..:tinypower

Ed I'm wondering the same thing. This kid can shoot the ball. I think Coach Capel is going about this the right way though. Tiny has bought into rebounding. Can he still do a little better? Yes. I'll be honest. I didn't know if Tiny would buy into rebounding for this team like he has. I think at some point you have to let him shoot a little. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

i think he is becoming more comfortable with his role...i have seen a big improvment in his post moves, tonight he was very impressive...

This team is so much better when they work to get him involved, i wonder if Capel will allow him to expand his game a little further around the perimeter as the season progresses..:tinypower

Reid Gettys made a very good point about Tiny getting entry passes and wheeling and dealing vs. creating the shot angle before the entry pass arrives. That's something that I work with my post players on is creating an angle and sealing off defenders before the pass comes. Blake was very good at this. Tiny is more equipped to master this than Blake is. When he masters sealing his man and creating a angle that you don't have to dribble or wheel and deal to get a shot, he'll be unstoppable. Cline works with the post players and I'm sure it's something that he's working on.

Reid Gettys made a very good point about Tiny getting entry passes and wheeling and dealing vs. creating the shot angle before the entry pass arrives. That's something that I work with my post players on is creating an angle and sealing off defenders before the pass comes. Blake was very good at this. Tiny is more equipped to master this than Blake is. When he masters sealing his man and creating a angle that you don't have to dribble or wheel and deal to get a shot, he'll be unstoppable. Cline works with the post players and I'm sure it's something that he's working on.

No doubt, as a post player the position comes 2 to 3 passes before the entry point or pass...learned that in high school and if Tiny can start thinking early and sealing his man early like Blake did he will be unstoppable with his size...

Didn't know that you were a coach DM. That was a very nice breakdown of sealing your man and getting post position. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

No doubt it was good to see more of an emphasis to get Tiny involved more, and he was effective with some of his post moves.

We also ran some different schemes/sets to get it to him, which was good to see because some of the stuff we tried to run in previous games wasn't working as well.

Just goes to show you this is still a young team and Capel is still implementing more things on a weekly basis.

Gallon is such a stud. I really think OU got a special one here and I also think you will reap the benefits for 2 if not 3 years. He is just so freaking long, his body reminds me of Oliver Miller from Arkansas back in the day, though he is way more mobile and skilled. It's just that he looks like Miller in that he's 6'9 but has like a 7'4 wingspan. Crazy.

The light seems to be coming on. He's still not there defensively, but I saw marked improvement in that regard tonight. I just hope he can continue to stay out of foul trouble. That is going to be critical for this team this year.

Great posting DM.

I really enjoyed watching Tiny the past two games. Him and TMG have both made huge strides in the past two games.

One thing I have seen Tiny do, more of, in the past two games is running down the court more. He has had some nice chances and/or finishes on the break. Thats good to see, out of him.

He is getting double/doubles in 22 or 23 minutes a game. If he can get to the point where he plays 30 minutes a game he will start putting up the 17/15, 15/15, etc type of games.

The future is bright for Gallon. He has a number of obvious flaws in his game right now (foul trouble and having to put the ball down to get into position for instance) and yet he is super efficient. Once he corrects some of these issues, he will be one of the best insie presences in college ball.

one positive I've seen is that he is at least a two year player, which is GREAT for OU. He's very skilled and will only improve as the year goes on but lacks the elite athleticism that gets you drafted in the first round as a freshman.

he's also got to improve his conditioning even more and show the NBA he can keep the weight off in the off-season.

having said that...we need him to touch it on every possession to be a top tier team in the conference.

You could hear WW incouraging Tiny to take it to the defense on an entry pass that he gave to Tiny. Tiny was equally good defensively.

Back