Tiny

seniorsooner

Reaction score
This kid is eventually going to be an absolute animal. He needs to continue to work on conditioning, his post game, and most of all learning how to play tougher. Right now he plays like he is 220 pounds, not 290.

I expect a much improved Tiny next year, and if he's around as a junior (and I suspect he will be) he is going to be a force to be reckoned with by then.

This kid is eventually going to be an absolute animal. He needs to continue to work on conditioning, his post game, and most of all learning how to play tougher. Right now he plays like he is 220 pounds, not 290.

I expect a much improved Tiny next year, and if he's around as a junior (and I suspect he will be) he is going to be a force to be reckoned with by then.

I hope that Tiny stays for one more year. But he has played very well and he may be a lotto pick this year. So I am not convinced he will come back.

PLEASE TINY, PLAY FOR TWO YEARS!

Tiny wants to dance. He wants to move around and not be confined with his back to the basket.

You gotta believe that Capel is forcing Gallon to learn the low block and force toughness onto his game. I think that eventually Capel will take the leash off Tiny so that we can see his complete game.

He can step out and give you looks, which isn't something we're getting a lot of leading up to this point. I think he'll be a great give and go player and once he polishes his low post game, he'll be an All American and first round prospect.

His conditioning will come along. He's done well since the last time I saw him before this season which was the high school all american game. He was a bit on the hefty side then. He's done a good job of cutting that weight. He'll probably come into next season pretty ripped and intimidating.

He's a biggun.

I hope that Tiny stays for one more year. But he has played very well and he may be a lotto pick this year. So I am not convinced he will come back.

I wouldn't say lottery pick. At least not this year unless he just all of a sudden becomes the second coming of BG.

I think he has the potential to become a top 10 pic in the future.

he needs some nastiness to him. would love for him to hammer some of those bunnies, especially when fronted, so they don't get blocked or roll around and rim off.

whether it's fitz or a juco guy, looking forward to having another big man along side him next year so he can exploit his mid-range game.

he needs some nastiness to him. would love for him to hammer some of those bunnies, especially when fronted, so they don't get blocked or roll around and rim off.

whether it's fitz or a juco guy, looking forward to having another big man along side him next year so he can exploit his mid-range game.

I know I probably say this about once a day, but I miss Patillo. lol

I wouldn't say lottery pick. At least not this year unless he just all of a sudden becomes the second coming of BG.

I think he has the potential to become a top 10 pic in the future.

You may be right, he might only be a first rounder. However, I think that Blake would have been a Lotto pick in his first year. And Tiny also may be a Lottery pick this year. Maybe late in the lottery, certainly not first five. But still, you have to love his talent.

You may be right, he might only be a first rounder. However, I think that Blake would have been a Lotto pick in his first year. And Tiny also may be a Lottery pick this year. Maybe late in the lottery, certainly not first five. But still, you have to love his talent.

Oh yeah BG would've been a top five pick after his freshman season for sure.

The sky is the limit for Gallon.

Tiny is not sniffing the lottery this year...he doesn't have near the explosiveness to play in the NBA at this point.

If Tiny drops the 'finesse' out of his game and decides to become a monster as Blake was, he will be a great player. I don't remember seeing Blake go up and miss bunnies because he always tried to tear down the rim and jam the ball down someone's throat. If Tiny develops that mentality, look out!

FEED HIM THE BALL! we settled for too many contested 3s without giving it to Tiny inside first. There were numerous times when we could have fed him!

If Tiny drops the 'finesse' out of his game and decides to become a monster as Blake was, he will be a great player. I don't remember seeing Blake go up and miss bunnies because he always tried to tear down the rim and jam the ball down someone's throat. If Tiny develops that mentality, look out!
It's not fair to compare him to Blake Griffin. Not everyone has the explosiveness Blake did!

Tiny is having an awesome freshman year. It's like fans criticizing Landry Jones because he isn't Sam Bradford. Tiny is still one of the best freshman in the country.

It's not fair to compare him to Blake Griffin. Not everyone has the explosiveness Blake did!

Tiny is having an awesome freshman year. It's like fans criticizing Landry Jones because he isn't Sam Bradford. Tiny is still one of the best freshman in the country.
I'm not saying he will ever be as good as Blake. That isn't reasonable. But, instead of missing easy shots by using finesse, it is not asking much for him to dunk those easy shots and act like he means it.

I'm not saying he will ever be as good as Blake. That isn't reasonable. But, instead of missing easy shots by using finesse, it is not asking much for him to dunk those easy shots and act like he means it.
True. But you have to wonder if some of it for him is just fatigue.

Remember, fatigue was not in Blake's vocabulary.

i really hate that late TO by Tiny at the top of the key. he let his gaurd down and it almost cost us the game.
I'm not a bandwagon fan, Im here for the long haul...

They will hopefully get better from yesterday to next week.

LOL! Best laugh I've had all day.

No way, no way is Tiny a first round draft pick this year, much less a lotto pick. Too slow, misses too many bunnies, not active enough on offense and defense, etc.

I know he plays a different position than these guys, but he is a long way off from their level (lottery picks) -- John Wall and Xavier Henry. Those 2 guys are just frosh...that's not counting the upper classmen out there like Pittman. IMO, Brackins is a better pro prospect than Tiny Gallon.

Tiny needs to stay in school and work on his game and maybe he will make it to the NBA someday.

No way, no way is Tiny a first round draft pick this year, much less a lotto pick. Too slow, misses too many bunnies, not active enough on offense and defense, etc.

I know he plays a different position than these guys, but he is a long way off from their level (lottery picks) -- John Wall and Xavier Henry. Those 2 guys are just frosh...that's not counting the upper classmen out there like Pittman. IMO, Brackins is a better pro prospect than Tiny Gallon.

Tiny needs to stay in school and work on his game and maybe he will make it to the NBA someday.
Pittman averages like 10 pts and 6 boards as a senior. Tiny averages like 12 and 9 as a freshman. Clearly, Pittman is leaps and bounds better than Tiny.

Agree 100%

Pittman averages like 10 pts and 6 boards as a senior. Tiny averages like 12 and 9 as a freshman. Clearly, Pittman is leaps and bounds better than Tiny.

Depends on what you're drafting for. Pittman is a 5 while Gallon's ideal position (assuming he drops more LBs and gains explosiveness) is the 4.

Also, the statistics are meaningless...Crocker is Gallon's main comeptition for rebounds, look at UT. James, Wangmene, Johnson, Hamilton, Bradley all have games when they pull down a bunch of boards. Gallon should use Pittman as a model to get in even better shape, that kid has completely transformed his game.

Back