Tony Crocker's Career at OU

pnkranger

Reaction score
Partly due to inconsistency, I believe Tony Crocker is one of the most underrated players in OU history, as far as careers go.

* Has started 83 consecutive games.
* Needs 28 rebounds to become just the second Sooner to ever record 1,000 points, 500 boards and 150 3-pointers in a career (Ryan Minor is the other).
* Could own OU's career games-played mark after this season.

What do you all think? I love the guy.

I think he's probably underrated as well. But I understand why it's the case. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

Yep, he will be a big loss. It will be one of those things that we think isn't a big deal until next season comes around and we realize what he meant to the team.

In a weird, twisted way, I think I'll remember him as being both underrated, and as a guy that didn't live up to his potential.

Too bad, b/c I really like the kid.

Crocker has performed better than most 3 stars. He knows his limitations and plays within them. We need Pledger & Fitz to have careers like Crocker and we need to continue signing 2 guys out of high school each year that can give us 4 years of what Crocker has.

Crocker has performed better than most 3 stars. He knows his limitations and plays within them. We need Pledger & Fitz to have careers like Crocker and we need to continue signing 2 guys out of high school each year that can give us 4 years of what Crocker has.

Scout: 4*'s, #18 SG
http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=1561869

Rivals: 4*'s, #80 overall player
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Tony-Crocker-42722

You were saying?

I think Tony has done plenty.

#1 we don't make the tournament in 07-08 without him because we don't win the Baylor game if not for his heroics, and
#2 see the Syracuse game.

Thanks Tony.

No doubt, his career will go down as one of the better ones in OU history if he finishes this year out strong. He will be among the leaders in many categories.

There are plenty of links. Here is the one I was using. link

Of course you would.

Dude was a 4*, top 100 player. Not bagging on him at all, I just thought he'd be a little better player, especially with as much PT as he's gotten in his four years.

I think Tony has done plenty.

#1 we don't make the tournament in 07-08 without him because we don't win the Baylor game if not for his heroics
Thanks Tony.

I loved the heroics in the Baylor game too, but it seems a bit of revisionist history to suggest that by losing that one game we fall from a 6 seed to the NIT.

The thing that I have absolutely loved about Tony is the fact that every year he significantly improved a key aspect of his game. That is a testament to both his hard work and his coaching.

This year's improvement has been in his ability to drive and finish at the rim. Watch him get to the hole this year. It is night and day from his previous three (much like Taylor last year).

Being ranked a 4 star carries a wide range of skillsets and potentials. Tony Neysmith was also a 4 star....just sayin.

3 star unranked player out of his school. His year at Patterson was a 5th year in prep due to academic and other issues.

Anytime you get a non top 50 guy who can come in and give you 10 and 4 for 4 years, shooting in the mid 40s. That is better than expected.

Great job Tony. And also congratulations for addressing whatever academic issues you had in high school. Hopefully you will be departing OU with a hard earned diploma.

I loved the heroics in the Baylor game too, but it seems a bit of revisionist history to suggest that by losing that one game we fall from a 6 seed to the NIT.

So you think we get into the tourney with an 8-8 league record?

Too many people look at players and see what they can't do instead of what they can do. First and foremost, Tony always wanted to be a Sooner - no matter who the coach was or what the other recruits decided. Tony has always given 100% and no one can ask for more than that from any player.

Love TC. Always gives 100% effort. Very versatile. At least last year, as Crocker goes, so goes the team. The two games in Memphis were evidence of that. I guess that proves his inconsistency, which he sometimes is offensively, but I never have questioned his defense and hustle.

Love TC. Always gives 100% effort. Very versatile. At least last year, as Crocker goes, so goes the team. The two games in Memphis were evidence of that. I guess that proves his inconsistency, which he sometimes is offensively, but I never have questioned his defense and hustle.

Welcome to the board, CK.

Nice first post!

So you think we get into the tourney with an 8-8 league record?

With only three losses in non-conference, two to ranked opponents (the other to a Stephen F. Austin team that didn't hurt us as bad as San Diego does this year), as well as two wins over solid teams in WVU and Gonzaga, yes I think we do. I don't think the committee would have put us out if they were willing to put us in with the win.

Lose as well to Texas Tech, then I think we're out. Lose to Baylor, we're probably a 9-10 seed. Lose to Texas Tech as well, then we're likely out.

You could be right. I'll be honest, I was shocked when we got a 6 seed that year. I was fully expecting an 8 or 9.

Back