Tournament expansion

NickZepp

Reaction score

Imagine a couple of posters are absolutely sweating this out lol.

I absolutely agree this can be called dilution but will absolutely watch more early tournament games, especially if they’re at large bids.

When it initially expanded, I watched the first four games. I haven’t watched those games in several years now because they suck and aren’t interesting at all. Expansion doesn’t make it better or more compelling.

I understand why they’re expanding. Money. It’s always about squeezing every dollar from the consumer. It’s not good for the sport but who cares anymore. Everything is always about money.

When it initially expanded, I watched the first four games. I haven’t watched those games in several years now because they suck and aren’t interesting at all. Expansion doesn’t make it better or more compelling.

I understand why they’re expanding. Money. It’s always about squeezing every dollar from the consumer. It’s not good for the sport but who cares anymore. Everything is always about money.
Money, sure, but also because so many coaches and schools whine when they fall on the wrong side of the bubble. Once it gets further expanded, that will sadly continue. It's too bad because the 64-team bracket was as clean and close to perfect as it gets.

Trash. Absolute trash. But what is not these days in sports and society at large? 64 teams with 16 seed play-in games bc who cares or even with out those play-in games again bc who cares, Is the perfect set up.

They are doing this to keep the SEC/B1G from making their own postseason tournament with only power conferences.

That won’t stop a break away if that’s what’s decided.

Can’t wait.

this is big business, not enough revenue to prop up the little guys anymore.

210dacc9-dae2-43c8-bf90-ca01cbcdd008_text.gif

Back