Travis Ford impressed with Ray Penn...

um, he's not a guy that is prolific at creating his own shot. That was the biggest knock on him during the olympic games where he had huge stretches of struggle.

He indeed struggled throughout the whole endeavor but he was the third leading scorer on the team while averaging the third least minutes through the tournament. Not too shabby if you ask me.

He indeed struggled throughout the whole endeavor but he was the third leading scorer on the team while averaging the third least minutes through the tournament. Not too shabby if you ask me.

That team was made up of a bunch of guys that were second round and undrafted players once you get past Varnardo and Brackins. He's not good at creating his shot. If he was, he would have been a top ten pick in last years weak draft.

OSU is going to have to figure out something to do matchup wise with that team. If they go with Penn, Page, Muenelo, Anderson, and Moses as their heavy rotation guys, they'll has some obstacles. Moses and Pilgrim will be in foul trouble all year long from trying to clean up messes.

I just think losing Eaton is huge for Page and Anderson. OU had to help on him so much, and worry about his penetration, that it left both of them open so many times. Eaton was really good at creating mismatches and getting good looks for shooter. That's where I think Page and Anderson will struggle. They are good shooters, but had so many good looks due to Eaton that I'm really curious to see what happens.

Also, this looks like a huge liability on the defensive end for OSU. Page and Penn are very short and not known for D. Teams with really good points and shooting guards could have a field day against theat. OSU lost their best perimeter defender too and that shouldn't be overlooked.

I just think losing Eaton is huge for Page and Anderson. OU had to help on him so much, and worry about his penetration, that it left both of them open so many times. Eaton was really good at creating mismatches and getting good looks for shooter. That's where I think Page and Anderson will struggle. They are good shooters, but had so many good looks due to Eaton that I'm really curious to see what happens.

Also, this looks like a huge liability on the defensive end for OSU. Page and Penn are very short and not known for D. Teams with really good points and shooting guards could have a field day against theat. OSU lost their best perimeter defender too and that shouldn't be overlooked.

Something that doesn't get mentioned much. Harris could lockdown nearly any guard in the country.

"Ray has been very impressive in practice, being able to score the basketball. Really distributing and finding the open man and playing at a high level of speed. And being able to play at that high level of speed and making good
decisions. He's probably physically -- even though he's 5'9", he's physically very, very strong. He's probably got the most complete package right now.

I think as we put Keiton Page and Ray Penn out there, you're extremely dangerous from the perimeter. And I'm going to say James Anderson, those three guys. I don't think there's a better three-guard shooting lineup in the country."
-Travis Ford

http://www.big12sports.com/fls/1041...9.pdf?SPSID=106110&SPID=13134&DB_OEM_ID=10410

I am not sure I am fully comprehending coach Ford. Is he saying he is really impressed with Ray's package? Poor choice of words or Fruedian slip?

(lOUSr fans, I keep the humor at a grade school level so that you can understand it)

I am not sure I am fully comprehending coach Ford. Is he saying he is really impressed with Ray's package? Poor choice of words or Fruedian slip?

(lOUSr fans, I keep the humor at a grade school level so that you can understand it)

You should try to keep it a humorous level.

Back