Turd Polishing: Volume 1.... TCU Horned Frogs

thebigabd

Reaction score
Anyone think they can turn it around this year? They made great strides last year, partly with the help of one of the worst non-conference schedules ever assembled. They signed a pretty solid class, if the jucos (Vladimir and Malique Trent) live up to expectations. They lost Trey Zeigler and Kyan Anderson, two starters and important pieces.

Karviar Shepherd had a horrible season, and he needs to be a 13/8 kind of player or better. Brandon Parrish was supposed to be a very nice player too, and he had a terrible sophomore season as well.

This year:

PG: Malique Trent (6'2'' 190): NJCAA Freshman of the Year. 15.8 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game this past season. The No. 1 rated combo guard in junior college according to 247Sports
SG: Brandon Parrish (6'6'' 185)- Averaged 5.5 points and 2 rebounds per game as a sophomore last year.
SF: Kenrich Williams (6'7'' 205)- Averaged 9 points and 7 rebounds per game in his first season out of juco.
PF: Chris Washburn (6'8'' 240)- Averaged 7 points and 6 rebounds per game in his first year after transferring from UTEP. Got much better during conference play.
C: Karviar Shepherd (6'10'' 225)- Averaged 6 points and 6 rebounds per game as a sophomore.

I just don't see them teams above them other than KState dropping off enough for them to leap them.

Johnson is able to ugly the game enough though to steal a few. He seems to be able to do that against us quite a bit.

I think they will finish in the range of Last to 8th...

They will be gritty and gutty and will make it gross to watch ... but they just won't be able to score enough to see any regular success against Big 12 teams this year.

Tip of the cap to the thread name by the way :ez-laugh:

Parrish and Shepherd were both pretty sought after recruits 2 years ago... If this years team is going to be any good they really need them to live up to potential. I am talking both being double-figure scorer types.

Kenrich Williams is one of the most versatile, and underrated, players in the league. He does everything. A very nice piece to have.

If Parrish and Shepherd don't perform, they will be worse than they were last year, which means in the cellar.

Tip of the cap to the thread name by the way

I thought if I did that it would make me look less delusional. In the past when I try to talk about the bottom half of the league it comes off like I really think they are going to be good. Sometimes that is true, sometimes it isnt.

They will be terrible.

And Shepherd really hasn't lived up to the hype. Wasn't impressed with him last year.

Back