Two positives from tonight

1. Tiny played hard and well. Sure he made some mistakes, but he finished with 13 pts and eight rbs against a tough opponent. Thought he really toughed up and played good post D against Caracter in the second half. Hopefully he can build on this, and we can get the ball to him more instead of jacking three's just about every possession.

2. Capel's name won't be mentioned on anyone's coaching candidate short-list next year.

Tiny is very good. TMG is very good. Pledger needs to become seasoned defensively, but possesses a great attribute in shooting. The positive is that this game is experience for those guys.

Tiny is no post player, he is too soft and has hand of stone just like Ryan Wright does. He is a point guard trapped in a post players body and I just don't see him improving at all when it comes to playing defense and rebounding.

Obviously, with my handle, I am going to have to disagree. 'Hands of stone?' He can catch quite well, not Blake Griffin well, but very adequately. Also, Blake improved greatly on his hands following his freshman season. Tiny banged with an upperclassman with NBA potential admirably tonight, so I do not understand the 'soft' comment. It is true that he has skills commonly found in the best point guards. He can pass, dribble, and is very unselfish. I am trying to figure out how that is a negative? He is our best rebounder, too. His lack of minutes due to foul trouble have affected his numbers. I will admit he has a lot to learn on the defensive side, but name 1 player that plays great defense on this team? Tony and Cade play solid defense and hustle at all times, but both lack the quickness needed to be great on ball defenders. Athletic guards have no problem walking past Cade and Tony. This team will not be a great defensive team because we have average length, quickness, and athleticism. As a result, I would argue that Tiny would be most affective with a no-foul defensive mindset, like Blake last season, in order that we have a quality big man on the court for most of the game. Ryan Wright does nothing as well as Tiny does, because he's Canadian. hehe just kidding I love Canadians, but Wright is just no good at basketball. In short, I think your comments are a little off base in regards to Tiny

Back