UK may not be the recruiting juggernaut we thought

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
I personally thought that UK would be able to pick any recruit that they wanted to, but as this recruiting season unravels, UK is not really leading on any of the major recruits. Josh Selby is a guy that UK lead for early after he decommitted, but now it seems he's wide open. They are sitting good with Stacy Poole, who might be the guy who they are closest to getting a commit out of. Oklahoma might have a better shot at Harrison Barnes than UK does. They missed out on Barton, their number one overall prospect. Cam Clark no longer lists them. Brandon Knight seems to be alot more interested in KU and is showing Miami interest. Jelan Kendricks is interested, but wide open. They pulled t Dominique Ferguson's offer. Roscoe Smith is wide open with interest for KU and Duke and Josh Smith is showing no interest. It looked like they would have the number one recruiting class again, but maybe not if they keep losing guys at this rate.

After last years haul, I don't think there is any way UK can avoid a 'down' year (I use that term very loosely... They'll still fill up on Top 100 kids).

There's simply so much young talent on the roster that playing time will be scarce, and you've got to know that other coaches are feeding the "be an instant star at my school versus two year backup at UK" line to the elite kids.

After last years haul, I don't think there is any way UK can avoid a 'down' year (I use that term very loosely... They'll still fill up on Top 100 kids).

There's simply so much young talent on the roster that playing time will be scarce, and you've got to know that other coaches are feeding the "be an instant star at my school versus two year backup at UK" line to the elite kids.

If you look at their situation, Even if Wall and Cousins go pro, they still have Orton and Bledsoe coming back. There is also no guarantee that Patterson will get the draft feedback at the end of next year.

If you look at their situation, Even if Wall and Cousins go pro, they still have Orton and Bledsoe coming back. There is also no guarantee that Patterson will get the draft feedback at the end of next year.

That's exactly what I'm saying. They are backlogged.

Back