OU won recruiting battles... now is it Mike Boynton rolling the dice?

Both Rivals and 247Sports has OSU’s recruiting class rated ahead of OUs. But go ahead and bash Boynton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any recruiting ranking that doesn't allow for the fact that one team has more openings for new players than another is completely bogus.

Well yes.... because of math.

Rivals has 5 players rated for OSU, OU has 2

247 has 4 OSU players rated, OU has 1

So based upon pure number of recruits, OSU will have obtained more points and thus ranked higher.

You can also make the argument OU has the higher player rating and star average on those sites, which means a higher quality of player being recruited.

I'll hold off all opinions on players and who's the better recruiter until they hit the court this fall

I agree with you. BB recruiting is a crapshoot unless you are recruiting McD AA’s. But I wouldn’t exactly say Boynton is rolling the dice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will be interesting to see if McGriff, their best returning player, can score 15-18 points per game while being at the top of the scouting report next season.

He was really effective as a rebounder/hustle scorer last season.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see if McGriff, their best returning player, can score 15-18 points per game while being at the top of the scouting report next season.

He was really effective as a rebounder/hustle scorer last season.

I think Weathers will be their best player.

Had Weathers been eligible last year, he would have been a starter. It's nice that Boynton is recruiting legitimate size. Hopefully those guys develop.

Back