Very good coaching tonight

TINY

Reaction score
Timeout before the half after kstate made 2 3s. Ou goes on 6-2 run to finish half. Ou can’t buy a bucket in 2nd half and kstate claws back to 7. Timeout and ou completely changes its approach to more aggressive uptempo and gets some easy buckets/fouls to put it back to 14.

20 point win in manhatten is damn impressive. Especially when you miss half your free throws!

Timeout before the half after kstate made 2 3s. Ou goes on 6-2 run to finish half. Ou can’t buy a bucket in 2nd half and kstate claws back to 7. Timeout and ou completely changes its approach to more aggressive uptempo and gets some easy buckets/fouls to put it back to 14.

20 point win in manhatten is damn impressive. Especially when you miss half your free throws!
I tuned in late, but the timeout when they had cut it to 7, and the next few possessions changed the direction the game was moving in. So happy about this win!!

Love him playing Moore at the 5 with no Godwin or Hughes.

this is our death lineup. I really like it. I think we need a few more spurts of it sprinkled throughout the game.

Moore and waldo are athletic enough to make things work. Vs some teams it will be a tad more difficult.

Yes...it was one of his top "in-game" coaching performances since he has been at OU. The timeouts were perfectly timed and evidently, he got his message across to the team in each of those timeouts.

And FT shooting (or lack of it) is squarely on the players. There's nothing a coach can do outside of extra FT reps at practice.....and even then, that may not work a good part of the time.

Yes...it was one of his top "in-game" coaching performances since he has been at OU. The timeouts were perfectly timed and evidently, he got his message across to the team in each of those timeouts.

And FT shooting (or lack of it) is squarely on the players. There's nothing a coach can do outside of extra FT reps at practice.....and even then, that may not work a good part of the time.

We are 43rd i think in the nation... just last couple games have been off. they know they need to fix!
Coach said post game. they got a lot of FT's in the gym the night before the game... sometimes coaches dont even talk about them at this point. its mental. really for just 2 guys.

We are 43rd i think in the nation... just last couple games have been off. they know they need to fix!
Coach said post game. they got a lot of FT's in the gym the night before the game... sometimes coaches dont even talk about them at this point. its mental. really for just 2 guys.

KenPom has us at 82nd in the nation now at 74.0% as a team (big drop by 40 spots)

this is our death lineup. I really like it. I think we need a few more spurts of it sprinkled throughout the game.

Moore and waldo are athletic enough to make things work. Vs some teams it will be a tad more difficult.
It really helps that Soares has shot well of late. Even if it’s just some short sample size luck, it makes other teams respect him and can open up the floor. Thought we might need Northweather to do that offensively, but Soares can when he gets attention or hits shots. Worry a bit about wearing down Moore but I like to see it as an option going forward.

It really helps that Soares has shot well of late. Even if it’s just some short sample size luck, it makes other teams respect him and can open up the floor. Thought we might need Northweather to do that offensively, but Soares can when he gets attention or hits shots. Worry a bit about wearing down Moore but I like to see it as an option going forward.
I think Moore is the energizer bunny… dude seems to get more amped up as the game goes…lol.

Good coaching! I agree!

Just finished watching the game. I don't get all of the negativity surrounding this team/coach. "Oh no, we aren't in the top 10 anymore!!" Recall, OU wasn't in the preseason top 10 of the conference. Way to blow past expectations! Outside of the blown TT lead this weekend, this team has overachieved. Is it battered fan syndrome??

Also, last night's game was UGLY. However, it reminded me of the early 2000s golden years of the Kelvin Sampson era -- Tough defense, ragged and low scoring.

Last edited:
So, none of our bench players past the main 8 get into the game, with exception to Northweather sometimes...are the freshmen at least redshirting to preserve their eligibility? I thought Cole might be on account of him breaking a foot, but not sure...wish we had more depth, is my point. Perhaps next season..

Great win last night, even thought it was an 'ugly win' it was a road win, nonetheless...we desperately needed it!

Neither does the NCAA, I'm pretty sure. And I don't think we played any non-D1 teams. Certainly no need to do so--there are 351 D1 teams.
Other teams did, though. So our ranking could fluctuate if the NCAA counts those games in stats

Moore needs to be utilized more in the high/mid post. He passes out well and has an explosive first dribble step towards the rim. They can still play 4 out, but flash him to the FT line and let him work. Good things happen.

Last edited:
Moore needs to be utilized more in the high/mid post. He passes out well and has an explosive first dribble step towards the rim. They can still play 4 out, but flash him to the FT line and let him work. Good things happen.
ANY off ball or backside movement we have is a net positive in the offense. Downside is that we don't cut enough from the backside into that open space.

Back