Video: Prank goes awry when coach hits blindfolded shot

haha You guys gotta see this. Our Kansas posters may have heard about this, happened at Olathe High School in Kansas.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/post/Video-Prank-goes-awry-when-coach-hits-blindfold?urn=top,215799
In my best Paul Harvey voice, "and now, for the rest of the story:"

I was just watching the 6 PM news up here, & they did a little segment on the shot itself, with a little extra. A news crew was sent out to the high school to do a story on this, & at the end, the reporter was standing @ half court w/ a b-ball. The dude was making his closing comments when he 2 hand flings the ball over his head backwards & DRILLED it. He kept right on talking until he'd signed off. They kept the tape rolling through it, & it was obvious that he wasn't aware that he'd hit it for another 8-10 seconds until they told him.

It was actually at Olathe Northwest HS where my son graduated year before last. (There's not an Olathe HS. There's North, South, East, and Northwest which is fairly new.)

Kevin Keitzman had him on WHB this afternoon to talk about it (Keitzman's son also went to Northwest and my son said he was a douchebag, which I'm sure Keitzman haters won't find hard to believe :) ). Anyway, he said he said that he was sure the whole thing was a prank but was gonna play along and never believed that Final Four tickets were involved. He also wasn't fooled by everyone cheering and actually didn't believe he made the shot until they showed a video replay of it a minute or so after he made the shot.

They also talked about the news crew that came out to interview him. They wanted him to do another halfcourt shot (only not blindfolded this time) and he didn't want to but they managed to talk him into it and he actually made the shot. He then went on to talk about how hilarious he thought it was that the news guy showed him up by throwing in a prayer over his head with his back to the basket. He also said that ESPN2 was there today and they were having a lot of fun with this whole deal.

Back