Vote for OU's All Decade Team >>> Soonersports.com

GParker

Reaction score
SUBMIT YOUR VOTE FOR OU'S ALL-DECADE TEAM
With just a couple weeks left in December, we thought it'd be a good time to announce fan voting for the OU Men's Basketball All-Decade Team. First, a couple of notes and parameters. 1.) Nominees must have played a minimum of one season sometime between the 1999-2000 and 2008-09 campaigns (that does not include this season); 2.) The five-member team will be assembled without regard to player position (for example, it could feature five guards if the voting so dictates); 3.) Players who transferred to another school or were dismissed from the program are not eligible for the All-Decade Team.

To vote, submit your list of five (no more) players via email to OUalldecade@gmail.com. Submissions must be received by Dec. 31 (11:59 p.m. CT) and the squad will be announced Jan. 1. Feel free to add a comment for any or each of the players you nominate (not required). Select fan comments could be included in the Jan. 1 release of the All-Decade Team right here on SoonerSports.com.

Having trouble remembering some of the standouts of the last 10 years? Here's a list of every Sooner who averaged at least 7.0 points or at least 5.0 rebounds during at least one of the past 10 seasons (and meets the last paremeter above):

Kevin Bookout (2003-06)
Nate Carter (2006-07)
Tony Crocker (2007-2009)
Jason Detrick (2002, 2004)
Ebi Ere (2002-03)
Terrell Everett (2005-06)
David Godbold (2005-08)
Taj Gray (2005-06)
Blake Griffin (2008-09)
Taylor Griffin (2006-09)
Tim Heskett (2000)
Austin Johnson (2006-09)
Nolan Johnson (2000-01)
Longar Longar (2005-08)
Aaron McGhee (2001-02)
Eduardo Najera (2000)
Michael Neal (2006-07)
Kelley Newton (2000-01)
Hollis Price (2000-03)
Daryan Selvy (2001-02)
Willie Warren (2009)
Quannas White (2002-03)

Again, submit your list of five All-Decade Team members by emailing them to OUalldecade@gmail.com.

Submit your selections to the email address listed above.

Man this is tough.

I will go with:

Hollis Price
Willie Warren
Eduardo Najera
Taj Gray
Blake Griffin

Blake Giffin
Eduardo Najera
Hollis Price
Kevin Bookout
Nolan Johnson

I think HP, BG, EN are no brainers the last 2 are up in the air.

Hollis Price
Blake Griffin
Eduardo Najera
Willie Warren
Quannas White

No love for ACE? come on guys, he was basically unstoppable the entire 2002 season. Taj Gray sulked and broke the team a part.

Blake Griffin
ACE Mcghee
Hollis Price
Edjuardo Najera
Quannas White

Q is very deserving. If I could pick 6 he would make it.

Same here. I had a really hard time with Gray over Bookout as well. Nolan is my favorite all time Sooner, so obviously it was hard for me to leave him off as well.

All 5 of the 2002 final four guys are on the list, man that was an impressive team.

Top 5 based on talent:

Hollis
WW
Blake
Najera
Ace

My 5:
Q.
Hollis
Blake
Najera
Nolan

those 5 are all in my top 10 sooners of all time.

Center - Blake Griffin
SG - Hollis Price
WG - Willie Warren
PG - Quannas White
PF - Eduardo Najerra

It was really tough to pick a point guard.

PG-Q White
SG-Hollis Price
SF-Eduardo Najera
PF-Ace McGee
C-Blake Griffin

I find it odd that I had the most trouble picking my PF from numerous options. People that I seriously considered were: Bookout, Gray, Longar, T. Griffin, Eduardo and McGhee.

I picked Eduardo because he was the most versatile player and could add a lot even if he had to totally clear out for Black.

I also found it odd that I felt like I had very few choices for pg. I considered pointing WW at the point and Everrett but I felt Quannas would protect the ball the best, make the smart plays, play defense and hit his open shots.

It says without regards to position, so I have to go with Gray, McGhee, Najera, Hollis and Blake.

TMG may end up the best PG OU's had since the 80s when he is done.

Hollis
Blake
Ace
Eduardo
Quannas

this was actually pretty easy for me...but a LOT of great names on that list!

Man this is tough.

I will go with:

Hollis Price
Willie Warren
Eduardo Najera
Taj Gray
Blake Griffin

Willie's freshman season over Ace... really.

I think the first four are no brainers.

Hollis
Ace
Blake
Najera
N Johnson

Back