Walk-on transferring controlled by the NCAA?

lmg088

Reaction score
I am kind of torn on the walk-on transfering subject. In one way I can see that if a player is a true walk-on type of player who is paying his way through school but with no real chance of getting meaniful minutes, I don't like the idea that the NCAA telling him that he will have to sit a year. That will basically take a year of eligibility away from him, unless there are grad school plans. Either way its another year of tuition that has to be payed if he wants to play 4 years.

But I can see the NCAA side of things too, you open the door for some shady buisness. You can get into the situations like CJ Henery where he is going to school basically for basketball and is better than a typical walk-on. And is transfering for basketball reasons not school reasons.

Any opinions on this?

I am kind of torn on the walk-on transfering subject. In one way I can see that if a player is a true walk-on type of player who is paying his way through school but with no real chance of getting meaniful minutes, I don't like the idea that the NCAA telling him that he will have to sit a year. That will basically take a year of eligibility away from him, unless there are grad school plans. Either way its another year of tuition that has to be payed if he wants to play 4 years.

But I can see the NCAA side of things too, you open the door for some shady buisness. You can get into the situations like CJ Henery where he is going to school basically for basketball and is better than a typical walk-on. And is transfering for basketball reasons not school reasons.

Any opinions on this?

If you're a walk-on, you should be able to leave whenever you want, transfer to a new school and play immediately barring acceptance from the new university.

If your are paying your way through college, the NCAA should not have a say.

If you're a walk-on, you should be able to leave whenever you want, transfer to a new school and play immediately barring acceptance from the new university.

If your are paying your way through college, the NCAA should not have a say.

What if somebody else is paying your way? ;)

The NCAA is a wonderful organization and I would never disagree with their policies, rulings, or judgment on any issue.

The NCAA is a wonderful organization and I would never disagree with their policies, rulings, or judgment on any issue.
Is the big bad NCAA guy still over your shoulder reading what you post?

Is the big bad NCAA guy still over your shoulder reading what you post?

Matrix_Agents.jpg

Back