Warren getting major love from DraftExpress

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
They updated their mock draft for 2010 today and had Willie #3 behind John Wall and Derek Favors! That would be freakin sweet to have the number 1 and number 3 picks in back to back years.

Source Link

Dude..... Thats fantastic news! Great for the program!

6. Don't forget Brackens at 18.

7. Don't forget Avery Bradley at #15.

By the way, what a horrible draft list. If that comes to fruition that could be the worst draft in the history of the NBA.

7. Don't forget Avery Bradley at #15.

By the way, what a horrible draft list. If that comes to fruition that could be the worst draft in the history of the NBA.

It's still far superior to this year

It's still far superior to this year

:ez-laugh: Not even close. I mean it's so bad they have two guys who've never even played a college game going 1 & 2.
Evan Turner, Aminou, John Henson, Ed Davis, Greg Monroe...all top 10.
Jeez, that's bad.

your right ..next year is a much much better class ... much more star potential

:ez-laugh: Not even close. I mean it's so bad they have two guys who've never even played a college game going 1 & 2.
Jeez, that's bad.

Just like Lebron and Dwight Howard going #1. Man those classes were awful.

Jeez, that's bad.
Had they entered this year's draft Davis, Monroe, and Aminu were near-locks for the lottery. Turner was a likely lottery pick as well. If anything, it says more about the weakness of the 2009 draft (though exaggerated, it's not a great draft); at least with the 2010 draft all of those players will have had another year to develop.

Just like Lebron and Dwight Howard going #1. Man those classes were awful.

Or Kwame Brown right? To compare John Wall to LeBron James is just flat out silly.

Had they entered this year's draft Davis, Monroe, and Aminu were near-locks for the lottery. Turner was a likely lottery pick as well. If anything, it says more about the weakness of the 2009 draft (though exaggerated, it's not a great draft); at least with the 2010 draft all of those players will have had another year to develop.
I disagree. And you said "near locks" in this draft and they are considered locks in next years. My point exactly.
Blake Griffin is a lock to be a superstar. No one in 2010 is. Thabeet would be the #1 pick next year.
If Cole Aldrich is the #4 pick in the draft...it's weak. Warren was being called borderline lottery this year and is #3 next year.

Most projections had Warren in the 5-10 range. I wouldn't call that borderline lottery.

Most projections had Warren in the 5-10 range. I wouldn't call that borderline lottery.

Exactly. I also wouldn't call John Wall chopped liver yet. Kid has a chance to be special and is going to be on a big stage to show it off...

Most analyst were saying that Wall would be a lock for the #2 pick, if he qualified for the draft this year. He has a chance to be a game changer.

My bad, I thought they had him 10-15. They aren't up anymore so I was just going from memory. That and all the talk on the board how WW wasn't ready to be in the NBA. If he was 5-10 he's ready. Kid can play.

Most analyst were saying that Wall would be a lock for the #2 pick, if he qualified for the draft this year. He has a chance to be a game changer.
He also has a chance to be a bust. Right now he pretty much plays on athleticism. My point is this year we have a certain can't miss #1 in Blake and next year it's an unknown on his NBA future as the #1 pick.
I'm not so sure Rubio would go #1 over Wall next year and I'm not a Rubio fan but the hype is there.

He also has a chance to be a bust. Right now he pretty much plays on athleticism.

What player doesn't have a chance to be a bust? All high school players play on athleticism. That's why they are elite players in high school.

Or Kwame Brown right? To compare John Wall to LeBron James is just flat out silly.

I disagree. And you said "near locks" in this draft and they are considered locks in next years. My point exactly.
Blake Griffin is a lock to be a superstar. No one in 2010 is. Thabeet would be the #1 pick next year.
If Cole Aldrich is the #4 pick in the draft...it's weak. Warren was being called borderline lottery this year and is #3 next year.
I was just being conservative in my statements. Davis and Monroe were absolute lottery locks this year.

Greg Monroe:
Head coach John Thompson III announced on April 15 that Monroe would be returning to college for his sophomore season. It's an interesting move for Monroe. On one hand, NBA executives I spoke with think that Monroe would be a lock for the Top 10 and a possible Top 5 pick in this year's draft.

Al Farouq Aminu:
Aminu announced on April 14 that he was returning for his sophomore season at Wake Forest. It's an interesting decision. Aminu was widely projected as a Top 10 pick by NBA scouts and executives based on his length, athleticism and productivity as a freshman.

Ed Davis:
Davis announced on on April 12 that he'll return for his sophomore season at UNC. Davis is the first potential Top 10 pick to announce he's returning to school. It's probably a good decision. While Davis would've been a Top 5 pick, he wasn't physically ready for the NBA. Instead he'll follow the same path Blake Griffin did last year. Griffin was dominant as a sophomore, won Player of the Year honors and is the consensus No. 1 pick in the draft. Another year in Chapel Hill and a lot of steak should help him compete for the No. 1 pick in the draft in 2010.

Willie Warren:
Warren continues a string of talented freshmen who are just saying no to the 2009 NBA Draft. Warren told local reporters on April 16 that he was returning to college for his sophomore season. It's an interesting decision for Warren. NBA executives were adamanet that he was a lock for the Top 10 this year.

Evan Turner:
Turner's team may have been ousted in the first round, but it wasn't his fault. He had a spectacular game for the Buckeyes, scoring 28 points, grabbing 9 boards and dishing out 8 assists. The performance confirmed the opinion of a number of trusted scouts who feel Turner is the most underrated player in the draft. "He's so solid in so many areas of the game," one veteran scout said. "He needs to improve his perimeter shot, but the rest of the package is there." Turner is currently projected to go somewhere between the late lottery and the middle of the first round.

Craig Brackins:
In one of the biggest shockers of the draft declaration process, Brackins announced on April 24 that he was returning to Iowa State for his junior year. This comes despite the fact that many NBA executives have Brackins pegged as a late lottery to mid to first round pick.

Cole Aldrich:
Aldrich announced on April 13th that he was returning for his junior season at Kansas. KU's big man earned a lot of praise from NBA scouts this year for his play. Aldrich has turned into a solid offensive force and a terrific rebounder. Had he declared for the draft, most likely he would've went somewhere from 8 to 14.

Picks turning down money means college hoops hits lotto :
First Ed Davis confirmed he will return to North Carolina, which was followed by Kansas' Cole Aldrich, Georgetown's Greg Monroe, Wake Forest's Al-Farouq Aminu and Oklahoma's Willie Warren each also promising to spend at least one more season in school. Add it up, and what we have are four -- and perhaps five, depending on what you think of Aminu -- near-certain lottery picks now off the table.

At least 4-7 players who would have been lottery picks in the 2009 draft returned to school. In June 2008 no one in the 2009 draft was a lock to be a star, including Blake Griffin, so saying the same thing about the 2010 draft means nothing.

Back