Warren is OU's face of frustration >>> The Oklahoman

I hate to criticize the reporter, but is this really the type of story you write about college student athletes? Is nothing out of bounds?

"I don’t really play for the fans, so it’s really hard to say how they view me as a player,” he said. "I’m just out here trying to help my team.”

We love you too, Willie.

Well what do you expect him to say when a reporter basically asks him "What do you think about the fans hating you Willie?"

Wow, this write-up seems a couple of weeks behind imo. The peak of most of the fans' frustrations was when it was perceived that Willie wasn't giving effort on defense. He has improved that over the past three games that he has played.

I could definitely see this article being a very hot topic on the local radio shows tomorrow. I don't know if I would classify this article as being too harsh or just a critically fair viewpoint of the hoops team this year.

Can't believe the writing well is so bone dry after only five Big 12 games that a reporter would feel a need to concoct something like this.

And as far as Willie's quote, what player is more concerned about what fans think than about helping his team? He probably could have chosen a different way to phrase it, but seems like his priority is straight.

Back