According to Scout, rankings out of highschool, we have:

1) WW – 5*
2) Gallon – 5*
3) Willis – 4*
4) Crocker – 4*
5) Fitz – 4*
6) TMG – 4*
7) Pledger – 4*

and it looks like we will have 4 of the 7 for 2 more years after this one and 3 of the 7 for 3 more years

Not sure if Athletic is best way to sum up those rankings, I think the only true outstanding athlete of those is Willie. Not that players like TMG (who has some really good hops for a 5'10 guy or Tiny's ability to move with all his weight) aren't good athletes but when compared to last years team of Blake, Taylor, Juan and Willie this team is as outstanding athletically.
Maybe talented/highly rated is a better term.

According to Scout, rankings out of highschool, we have:

1) WW – 5*
2) Gallon – 5*
3) Willis – 4*
4) Crocker – 4*
5) Fitz – 4*
6) TMG – 4*
7) Pledger – 4*

and it looks like we will have 4 of the 7 for 2 more years after this one and 3 of the 7 for 3 more years

I like all of those 4 and 5 stars. Let's hope the rankings translate into some championship level basketball in Norman.

Last years team was MUCH more athletic than this years.

We were athletic last year to...I didnt say we are more athletic this year....Was just making a note. I like our team this year assuming tiny is as good as the hype

If we are just talking about being athletic, Ryan Wright is as athletic as anybody we've got. He's big strong and can run and jump. He also was a 4-star out of HS.

I would probably include him on that list over Andrew Fitzgerald since he doesn't seem to have much of a verticle.

To me, being athletic means being able to run and jump. The skills of being able to shoot, or hit a baseball fall under a different category for me.

Maybe what I consider athletic is different than you...I would say...

1) TMG is more athletic than austin Johnson (johnson is just long....tmg can get to the rack better but johnson did a great job for us this year)

2) WW ...no change here

3) Crocker....no change here

4) Gallon...this is a matter of opinion...taylor is very athletic imo but I believe gallon will give us better production

5) this one is obvious...blake

So we are equal or better in all positions but the 5...not saying we are or will be better I just really like our team this year....

Then you look at guys coming off the bench

Last year:

1) JP
2) Cade
3) Leary
4) wright
5) sometimes Orlando

This year:

1) Pledger
2) Cade
3) Willis
4) Fitz
5) Orlando/Wright

I like this years bench players better also....i would like to still have JP but I think we have better role players with this years squad

I think talented or skilled is a better way to describe this year's team advantages over last. In terms of raw atheltic ability (which is what the majoirty of us seem to be assuming your original post meant) last year's team had the edge by far.

Maybe what I consider athletic is different than you...I would say...

4) Gallon...this is a matter of opinion...taylor is very athletic imo but I believe gallon will give us better production

?

I think talented or skilled is a better way to describe this year's team advantages over last. In terms of raw atheltic ability (which is what the majoirty of us seem to be assuming your original post meant) last year's team had the edge by far.

I agree. Last year's team was more athletic with Patillo and the Griffins.

This team has more skill. All four of the incoming recruits bring good skills.

Back