Well, this team has managed to lose to...

stormspencer

Reaction score
the following Big 12 teams:
9th place Tech twice (one of those by double digits)
10th place Colorado (by double digits)
12th place Nebraska (by double digits)

It's amazing (sad) how far into the abyss that this season has sunk. This game tonight against CU is a microcosm of our season: the team shows flashes of promise, but in the end, they simply lack the mentality and smarts to be a good team. Maybe they will get alot better with repetition during the offseason, but I'm not holding my breath.

Some have mentioned that "it's not that we're just losing....it's the way we are losing". That's the best description of our losses this season. The only thing that worse than our commitment to play defense is our basketball IQ. And it's gonna get worse before it gets better when you look at the schedule. Our next 5 opponents are ranked in the Top-25....thus we will be an underdog is every remaining game. It's hard to fathom, but (4-12) is looking more and more like a reality....In my lifetime, I never thought that OU basketball would've come to this. As an OU basketball fan since 1979, this is as depressed as I've been about a team.

Sorry for the rant.:(

I'm predicting that we win those four next year. We had our opportunities in three of them and it just didn't happen.

I'm predicting that we win those four next year. We had our opportunities in three of them and it just didn't happen.

OU better beat CU, Nebraska and Tech in Norman next year. If OU were to lose those three games in Norman, I don't see how OU possibly has a winning conference record. You would have to pick KU to beat OU in Norman (unless you are an OU fan) plus the North road trips would be KSU, ISU and Missouri (those are tough road trips, especially now that KSU is playing so much better basketball).

When is the last time we won a Big 12 North road game?

Yeah I just now remembered ISU last year right after my post. Didn't remember KSU. Seems like we haven't won at Nebraska and CU in forever.

When is the last time we won a Big 12 North road game?

Capel is 2-9 (soon to be 2-10) on the road against Big 12 North teams. That is flat out embarrassing. There is no excuse for that kind of futility.

Yeah I just now remembered ISU last year right after my post. Didn't remember KSU. Seems like we haven't won at Nebraska and CU in forever.

We have lost 4 straight at Missouri, 4 straight at Colorado, 3 straight at Nebraska, and 9 straight at Kansas. On the bright side we have won 4 out of 5 at Kansas State.

Haven't beat CU in Boulder since 2002. We beat Nebraska in Lincoln in 2004.

In 2006 OU just didn't have any players. Everyone was hurt so Jonnie Gilbert had to do the scoring. Probably Gilberts best game as Sooner.

Back