We're going to lose to Baylor!

So you can't conjure even a farfetched scenario in which the Sooners pull off the upset?

OU topping Baylor wouldn't make a list of the Top 10 upsets of the year at the end of this season. It likely wouldn't even make a list of the top 25 upsets.

I never said anything of the sort. I would like to see OU win, but I don't see it happening. Not sure what your so riled up about.

Other than Gonzaga, Baylor may field the best team OU has played thus far. A loss would not be beyond the realm of possibility, but on the other hand, would not signal the end of civilazation as we know it.

UTEP to me is the best team OU has played.

This board sucks right now. I dread coming to it.

I hope we win today just so this board changes.

Don't dread it. This is the best OU basketball board out there. Everyone is frustrated with this season and rightfully should be but there are only a few that are unreasonably pessimistic here. Most posters make valid points for their view on the team.

I'm afraid some are already working on their posts in case we lose. Some will point fingers at Capel, some will blame it on WW or Cade or TMG or whomever, some will say "I told you so", blah, blah, blah.

Some posters, like Carpetbaggers seeking recognition, come out of the woodwork when things look bleak and times are tough. There are a few that are consistent in their gloomy prognostications and following "I told you so" outcries. Most of them only speak when things are at their worst and point out the obvious.

I am a fan. The word "fan" derives from the word "Fanatic". As a fan you should expect me to show unwavering and overly optimistic support for my Sooners. Stop pissing on my parade. If this were just plain ole www.hoops.com then I could see your critique being justified. But please stop acting surprised that people on this particular board are trying to maintain a positive mindset about Oklahoma basketball.

Some posters, like Carpetbaggers seeking recognition, come out of the woodwork when things look bleak and times are tough. There are a few that are consistent in their gloomy prognostications and following "I told you so" outcries. Most of them only speak when things are at their worst and point out the obvious.

That sums it up pretty nicely.

I am a fan. The word "fan" derives from the word "Fanatic". As a fan you should expect me to show unwavering and overly optimistic support for my Sooners. Stop pissing on my parade. If this were just plain ole www.hoops.com then I could see your critique being justified. But please stop acting surprised that people on this particular board are trying to maintain a positive mindset about Oklahoma basketball.

I think you misread Norm's post. He was just simply making the point that your first paragraph did.

this

I think you misread Norm's post. He was just simply making the point that your first paragraph did.

I think you misread 12th Street Baller's post. The second paragraph is directed towards fans s/he deems insufficiently positive, not towards Sooner Norm.

I think you misread 12th Street Baller's post. The second paragraph is directed towards fans s/he deems insufficiently positive, not towards Sooner Norm.

Maybe I did, I just saw the quote of Norm's and thought he was referring to Norm. My bad if so.

I didn't just come out of the woodwork. I post here all basketball season and I'm generally very positive. I started this thread out of sheer frustration.

I can not remember in all my years of watching OU basketball being so frustrated with the team! They dont defend they play with no pride, no heart, and no guts! I hope we play walkons the second half!

Back