What Are You Watching?

Sooner04

Reaction score
Always on the lookout for new material in this, "The Golden Age of Television". These shows all came out in the last ten years or so. Maybe a bit older.

CURRENTLY WATCHING:
Succession (HBO)
Midnight Mass (Netflix)
Only Murders in the Building (Hulu)

ITS RETURN I AWAIT:
Ozark (Netflix)
The Flight Attendant (HBO)
100-Foot Wave (HBO)
For All Mankind (Apple TV+)
Ted Lasso (Apple TV+)
Yellowstone (Paramount)
Fargo (FX)
Better Call Saul (AMC)
Billions (Showtime)
The Righteous Gemstones (HBO)
Barry (HBO)
Stranger Things (Netflix)
The Crown (Netflix)
Dead to Me (Netflix)
City on a Hill (Showtime)
Perry Mason (HBO)

SHOWS WORTHY OF A BINGE:
Justified (FX)
House of Cards (Netflix)
True Detective (HBO) - Avoid the second season AT ALL COSTS!
Mad Men (AMC)
Breaking Bad (AMC)
Veep (HBO)
Big Little Lies (HBO)
The Undoing (HBO)
The Queen's Gambit (Netflix)
Halt and Catch Fire (Netflix)
Eastbound and Down (HBO)
Vice Principals (HBO)
Patriot (Amazon)

If you’re looking for a binge worthy family series, you can’t beat “Heartland!” My wife and I made it through the pandemic last year catching up on 13 seasons. We couldn’t wait for season 14 to come out this year. Now we’re looking forward to Season 15!

“Heartland” is our favorite television series, ever! Streaming (depending on the seasons) is on the Faith & Family Channel, Netflix and Amazon Prime.

I don't reveal this to many, but I'm a huge sci-fi/fantasy closet nerd. For most of the year, I keep that part of me locked away, but it comes out in full-force for 1-2 months a year usually.

I've reached my quota already for this year, but I'm STOKED for Wheel of Time to come out later this month. I haven't read the series, but my understanding of it has me skeptical about how easily it will translate from book to screen, so I'm trying to temper my expectations.

Lately I've been watching Foundation on AppleTV. I read the books when they first came out but it's been so long that I don't remember much about them. My son-in-law said it's a lot different but since I don't remember much about the original books, that doesn't bother me.

I watch a lot of shows on PBS. I've been enjoying SS-GB which is adapted from one of Len Deighton's 'alternative history' books. I've never read any of those books but I might have to start reading them. SS-GB is very good.

I totally forgot about two shows I watched over the summer on HBOMax:

Mare of Easttown
Hacks

Both were fantastic. Kate Winslet's performance in "Mare" was an all-timer.

1883 is OK.
The Righteous Gemstones is fantastic.
Billions is better than I thought it would be post-Axe.
Ozark is good. Darker than hell, but really good.

I'm currently watching Star Trek Discovery, The Gilded Age and Sweet Magnolias.

I recently binged Reacher on Amazon Prime. It was very good and true to the first book of the series.

I also watched The Book of Boba Fet on Disney+.

I'm looking forward to Outlander and a couple of new Star Trek series that are in the pipeline,

I finished Dark Winds on AMC last night. It's based on a series of books by Tony Hillerman.

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds is on Paramount+ and it's excellent!

Comedic relief - 30 Rock
Serious - Peaky Blinders

Just finished both seasons of Only Murders in the Building. Highly entertaining

One of my favorite series is Foyle's War. It's a British series. Foyle is a police detective in Hastings, England in 1940. Many of the stories are based on true investigations in England during WWII. You can watch it on the Acorn streaming service. I think it's on Amazon Prime, also.

Back