What combo of 4 recruits do you want

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
Between Pressey, Releford, Scott, Hewitt, Harris, T. Jones, Barnes, Clark, Lamb, Franklin, McCallum, Tarik Black, Kirk, James Johnson, Cothron, Washburn, Goff, Cobbins, and Mystery recruit. Let's be realistic though.

My dream realistic combo would be Clark, Lamb, Jones, and Cobbins. That would be a top 10 recruiting class. I think in reality OU gets either Jones or Cobbin. I think Clark goes to OU and Lamb goes to KU. I have no Idea about Washburn. I would be OK to substitute Scott or Releford for Lamb and Johnson or Kirk for Jones or Cobbins.

Between Pressey, Releford, Scott, Hewitt, Harris, T. Jones, Barnes, Clark, Lamb, Franklin, McCallum, Tarik Black, Kirk, James Johnson, Cothron, Washburn, Goff, Cobbins, and Mystery recruit. Let's be realistic though.

My dream realistic combo would be Clark, Lamb, Jones, and Cobbins. That would be a top 10 recruiting class. I think in reality OU gets either Jones or Cobbin. I think Clark goes to OU and Lamb goes to KU. I have no Idea about Washburn. I would be OK to substitute Scott or Releford for Lamb and Johnson or Kirk for Jones or Cobbins.

I saw Washburn and Scott, personally, down in Denton, Tx. Both kids impressed me greatly. Washburn impressed me probably more so than Scott did.

Washburn has a high motor and was ALL OVER the court, in the game that I watched. The kid is good.

Scott was very good, he had a good ability to get in the lane, and he had good floor vision.

I saw Washburn and Scott, personally, down in Denton, Tx. Both kids impressed me greatly. Washburn impressed me probably more so than Scott did.

Washburn has a high motor and was ALL OVER the court, in the game that I watched. The kid is good.

Scott was very good, he had a good ability to get in the lane, and he had good floor vision.

How do you see him contributing in College. I've heard he's a Daryn Selvy type energy guy.

My wish list not including TJ Taylor would be these four guys

1. Doron Lamb
2. Cameron Clark
3. Michael Cobbins
4. James Johnson

Need two big men so
Cobbins
James Johnson
(Terrence Jones is probably going to blow up based on his recent performance)
then swing players
Cameron Clark
Doron Lamb (he seems to be very interested)

Dirty the four that you picked are the players that I feel that we have a real good chance to get. That would just be another very good recruiting class for Felton. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:jcapel:clap

How do you see him contributing in College. I've heard he's a Daryn Selvy type energy guy.
I saw Julian in Denton as well and this is my take.
I think he would be perfect for OSU or Mizzou as a 4 in their up tempo system. For a guy projected as a 3 he really seemed more at home in the low post. I think a more polished (had good handles) but not as athletic Pattilo is a good comparison based on what I say. I really think OU might only go after him hard if Clark goes elsewhere.

To answer the original question I think a realistic class that would still be really good would be this.
Clark - Jewel of the class
Scott - I don't see us picking up a PG with TMG on the roster but having him and TJ gives us a couple guys who can back up TMG
Cobbins - We need posts and he seems like the highest rated big man we have a best shot with.
Then a mystery recruit big man, from what I read it just really hard to judge on the highly ranked big man if OU is actually leading on any.

Now the dream Class would be
Clark
Lamb
Cobbins
Cothron

Pretty all these guys are 5s or 4s that are almost 5s on rivals. I doubt if it happens but this would be a monster class as TJ would be the only guy ranked out of the top 50.

Last edited:

I would say Washburn is much like that, yes. He had a ton of energy and he rarely sat on the bench. He was very impressive.

My choice would be:

1.Clark
2.Cobbins
3.Cothron
4.McCallum

doubtful we get Cothron or McCallum (better chance at McCallum than Cothron I would think) but a guy can always hope....I'd take any combo of the bunch though as long as we get Clark (the one player I want the most)

Not sure who the fourth is, but if we were to get Lamb, Clark and Cobbins I would personally be ecstatic. And I think that's a very doable feat for Capel. We'll see though.

TJ Taylor
Cameron Clark
Tarik Black
Michael Cobbins
Rickey Scott

New prediction:

Jerian Grant
Clark
Cobbins
Jones.

Last edited:
I'll take

Clark
Jones
Cobbins
Lamb
TJ Taylor

I would love that Class.

what is you guys gut feeling on McCallum, Barnes, and Clark? What type of player is Cobbins?

Last edited:
Why are you so confident on clark? i feel more confident about getting cobbins then clark..

Back