What team do you want to draft Buddy?

sperry

Reaction score
To me, this is a really interesting quandary because I think Buddy needs the right fit to thrive in the NBA. I think he needs to go somewhere where the franchise isn't looking to him to be their savior. My hope is that the T-Wolves draft him. They'll be picking in the 5-8 range, and have two young superstars already. Buddy can be the perfect complementary piece on that roster, as they desperately need a shooter. They're also set up to be a contender very soon, which would be nice as I don't want to see Buddy rot away in Sac-town or Philadelphia.

To me, this is a really interesting quandary because I think Buddy needs the right fit to thrive in the NBA. I think he needs to go somewhere where the franchise isn't looking to him to be their savior. My hope is that the T-Wolves draft him. They'll be picking in the 5-8 range, and have two young superstars already. Buddy can be the perfect complementary piece on that roster, as they desperately need a shooter. They're also set up to be a contender very soon, which would be nice as I don't want to see Buddy rot away in Sac-town or Philadelphia.

I wouldn't mind seeing him as a scorer off the bench in Boston. Boston is very guard-heavy already though.

I dislike the Rockets... but he'd really score in the 3's and freethrows system that they run down there.

ESPN's mock draft (Ford and Pelton) has Buddy going to the TWolves.

I get the reasoning, but Minnesota also has two young, talented wings and a coach who has absolutely no idea what he's doing. If they just replaced Mitchell, I'd be on board.

Even though Boston has a logjam of players in the backcourt, they need shooting, and I'm confident in Stevens' ability to get the most out of Buddy's talents.

New Orleans/Boston or Minn would be very nice!! Later in the draft Denver and the Bucks wouldn't bad.. I just hope NO Kings!!!

Bulls need that SG to move Butler to SF. Bulls need that scorer.

The Thunder may not be the best fit for Buddy, nor will they be in a position to draft him. That would still be my first choice, so I could watch every game. Think about the attention signing Buddy would bring on a local and a national scale.

Living an hour and a half from the Kings and being a Kings fan, I'd love for Buddy to be teaming up with Boogie.

However, for Buddy's sake, I hope he doesn't end up with this terrible organization.

OKC would be a home run!! People would go nuts! OKC also needs a 2 so trade up for the guy. I don't know what you would give up though. Ibaka or Kanter and a 1st??

The Thunder may not be the best fit for Buddy, nor will they be in a position to draft him. That would still be my first choice, so I could watch every game. Think about the attention signing Buddy would bring on a local and a national scale.

Thunder should be a fit, but Presti is in love with long, athletic 2 guards who aren't particularly good at the game of basketball.

Minnesota and New Orleans looks best to me. I would love for him to go to Boston but they just drafted RJ Hunter last year. Thunder would be good, but I don't know how they would get him unless he falls a ton. Denver, Phoenix, & Detroit wouldn't be terrible places either for Buddy.

OKC would be a home run!! People would go nuts! OKC also needs a 2 so trade up for the guy. I don't know what you would give up though. Ibaka or Kanter and a 1st??

You could get much more than buddy for those two

So what then? If Thunder pick 20 25 27 range what do you give up besides that first rd pick for a top 8 pick?

So what then? If Thunder pick 20 25 27 range what do you give up besides that first rd pick for a top 8 pick?

Thunder don't have a 1st round pick this year, so would be trading players for any pick that high. It's very, very unlikely

OKC doesn't have a pick in 2016, let alone a first rounder. Someone put a gun to Presti's head and forced him to trade it for Dion Waiters.

Boston for me or LA Lakers

I think the OP nailed it....Buddy needs to go somewhere where he will be a piece, not a savior. I don't see him being a superstar in the NBA because I don't think the athleticism or natural talent is there. I DO believe that he has worked himself into potentially being a VERY good scorer in the league. When you can shoot like that, you can stick. He also has good enough size for the role he is likely to play. He isn't going to be like Curry-- Curry is a PG and probably the best ball handler in the NBA, a superb passer. I think Buddy will play that "instant offense" role and would be best suited to go somewhere where he can play that role and that role alone--- at least at first. Then, maybe he can grow into a good defender, etc. as well.

I agree with others that a place like New Orleans or Minnesota would be a good fit. I don't want to see him in Philly or Phoenix. It's a weak draft, which might help his wallet, but I could also see a team reaching a bit and I'd hate to see him put in a situation where he is asked to do too much.

Back