***Where are they Now? Kevin Bookout***

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Kevin Bookout may have come to Norman from the small town of Stroud, Okla., but he certainly departed having left a huge footprint having been a fixture on the basketball court, as well as in track and field as a shot put/discus thrower.

Read the rest of the story

Bookout, you are one of my all time Sooners. Hell, just check out my name! You were clutch in big games and lets clear this once and for all: BOOKOUT DIDN'T TRAVEL!

I wonder what he meant about the UConn game. Someone needs to ask Kellen.

OUHoops.com: Favorite game/moment as a Sooner basketball player and why?

Bookout: OU-OSU 2005 at home. Started the game 21-2. I still have never heard LNC that loud again.
Agreed.

It was louder, imo, for the Bayler game. But that was a close 2nd. I couldn't believe the electricity that was in the air during that run. Hell just thinking about it know gives me da bumps

Man, so many great memories with Kevin front and center. In '05 we came out and hit OSU right in the mouth, that whole game experience was unreal! I love how this staff reaches out to former Sooner players, thats the way it should be.

I'll never forget the meltdown by the OSU fans on the Greg Swaim board when Bookout committed to OU. In an instant, he went from the next Bryant Reeves to being called every name in the book to daily posts about his sexual orientation. Some OSU fans were convinced over the years he hated Kelvin and was going to transfer to Stillwater. Then the dunk on OSU was just the icing on the cake.

Great person, player, and representative of OU. I always loved watching Bookout play. Thanks for the article.

OUHoops.com: As a big-time hoops recruit, what were some of the other schools besides OU that you were looking at? Who finished second the Kevin Bookout sweepstakes? What was your favorite part of the recruiting process? Least favorite?

Bookout: Oklahoma State, Kansas, UCLA, Illinois, Arkansas, second was Oklahoma State. Favorite was getting free tickets to games, and least favorite was talking on the phone. I hate talking on the phone. I do not know how many times I would just hit ignore.

I can't believe nobody has touched this.

Back