Where does Willie Warren project at the next level?

OKC has two very similar players both taken in the first four picks or so: Westbrook and Harden. WW is more explosive than either of those guys IMHO, but really enjoy Harden's feel for the game. WWIII stays healthy and he is a Top 5 pick IMHO.

Combo guard..

this

I think it will be a situation where He'll get a shot a PG first, but I definetely can see where a team will bring in a vet PG and move him off the ball some. Remember, Ron Harper played PG in the League at the end of his career....

I think WW is similar to Gilbert Arenas, Baron Davis and Chauncey Billups earlier in his career. I can't think of any pure SG's I'd compare him to. I think he will end up being more of a PG unless he gets drafted by a team that is looking to have a PG and a combo guard rather than a bigger pure SG.

WWIII is as big or bigger than over half of the pure SGs in the league. Put WWIII on the floor with a true PG or another combo like himself and watch out. WWIII could be a D.Wade at the next level, not even a inch difference in heighth, very similar bodies and abilities.

Point.

I don't agree that he is comparable to Westbrook and Harden, except for where he might go in the draft. Harden is more of a small forward and Westbrook, comparable athletically, doesn't have near the offensive skill level of Warren.

Warren has mad ball handling skills that Westbrook and Harden can only dream about.

In my opinion, Warren is Ben Gordon with better handles, or Jason Kidd with a jump shot.

As always, I could be wrong.

I'm not trying to start something, but Harden isn't a good comparison to WWIII, nor is he a small foward. Harden is a true shooting guard, I think Pledger and harden are similar. Now Ben Gorden is a good comparison for WWIII, just not as fast with the ball as WWIII.

He's basically like Westbrook for the Thunder but a much better scorer and probably not as good a defender.

Westbrook is a good comparison. Willie "shoots" better, but Westbrook is a good scorer too.

Neither played much point as a primary role and like Russell, Willie will have plenty of TOs if he's forced to start at point as a rookie.

Eric Gordon is the young comparison. Dwayne Wade is the elite comparison.

He'll play both guard positions and play them well.

Eric Gordon is the young comparison. Dwayne Wade is the elite comparison.

He handles and passes better than Gordon, imo, but they are pretty similar in size. I think Gordon might be a better pure shooter but they are really close in that area too.

In the NBA the bottom line is WW will have the ball in his hands a lot because that's where he does his damage. Whether that is as a SG or PG will depend on the team he lands on, imo.

I think Dwayne Wade is a good comparison and I can also see a lot of similarities to Rodney Stuckey.

After a couple of seasons with the Hornets and the Thunder, those seasons being the beginning of my interest in the NBA, I think has to fit into the PG slot. I don't think he fits the two in the NBA at all.

WWIII is as big or bigger than over half of the pure SGs in the league. Put WWIII on the floor with a true PG or another combo like himself and watch out. WWIII could be a D.Wade at the next level, not even a inch difference in heighth, very similar bodies and abilities.

simply put no he is not that is true
run down of the 2 guards in the league best on each team

OKC tabo 6'7
denver smith 6'6
portland roy 6'6
utah brewer 6'7
minnesota brewer 6-9

memphis mayo 6'4
spurs finley 6'7
houston ariza 6'8
hornets peterson 6'7
mavs terry 6'2

lakers kobe 6'6
clippers gordon 6'3
warriors ellis 6'3
kings martin 6'7
suns richardson 6'6
EAST

magic carter 6'6
Heat wade 6'4
wizzards miller 6'8
hawks johnson 6'7
bobcats jackson 6'8

cavs parker 6'6
pacers rush 6'6
bucks redd 6'6
bulls salmons 6'6
pistons gordon 6'3

boston allen 6'5
raptors derozen 6'7
76ers AI 6'6
knicks Hughes 6'5
nets lee 6'5

he is the same size as 2 of the 2 guards in the east and 4 in the west 6 out of 30 .. not close to half .. and note wade and gordon have freakish long arms

Back