Kyle Cannon (again)
Juan Patillo
Willie Warren
Ray Willis
Orlando Allen
Tiny Gallon
TMG
Kyle Hardrick

If those guys pan out and at least play 3 to 4 years then we are not in the mess. That is to much talent and wasted scholarships to keep a program successful.
Yes Orlando was a nice story and I'm being a little hard on him but he is on the list.
Warren is on there for his lack of effort his soph year. Good player but should have been so much more.

Last edited:
Re: Where it has gone terribly wrong...

Kyle Cannon
Keith Clark
Tony Neysmith
Chris Early
Kyle Cannon (again)
Juan Patillo
Willie Warren
Ray Willis
Orlando Allen
Tiny Gallon
TMG
Kyle Hardrick

If those guys pan out and at least play 3 to 4 years then we are not in the mess. That is to much talent and wasted scholarships to keep a program successful.
Yes Orlando was a nice story and I'm being a little hard on him but he is on the list.
Warren is on there for his lack of effort his soph year. Good player but should have been so much more.

On and On with this guy.

Kyle Cannon
Keith Clark
Tony Neysmith
Chris Early
Kyle Cannon (again)
Juan Patillo
Willie Warren
Ray Willis
Orlando Allen
Tiny Gallon
TMG
Kyle Hardrick

Capel said Warren had a lack of effort, again finger pointing. Who's fault is that? Sounds like Capel pushed Warren into the NBA by finger pointing, Warren should have went to KU, he would have been a first round pick last year and lotto this year.

This coach can't keep kids in the program or develop players who's fault is that?

I seriously doubt that any aount of talking, benching or whatever motovating could have gotten TMG to play with a team concept. No matter who says it or what is said, some guys cant hear.

This coach can't keep kids in the program or develop players who's fault is that?

Disagree on the development part. Pretty sure Blake, Taylor Griffin, Longar, etc all drastically improved from the time they stepped on campus to the time their careers ended.

Player development is one of the smaller issues. The real issue that Capel has had is with character evaluations when bringing these guys into the program. He's signed a lot of guys (as pointed out) that couldn't stick around, and the guys he did sign that were supposed to be the core of the team had awful character issues as well.

I seriously doubt that any aount of talking, benching or whatever motovating could have gotten TMG to play with a team concept. No matter who says it or what is said, some guys cant hear.

Agreed. When you are seen roaming around the Campus Corner bars the night before games, you know you are a cancer to the team (not saying he's the only one, but he was arguably the biggest problem).

Cool story dude yeah WW would be D Wade right now if not for Capel. Nevermind the story about him quitting a weight lifting session during the 1st month the freshman were there in summer, or how he slept with his teammates girlfriends'. With Blake and being a frosh he was held accountable for BS, as a soph and supposed leader he was front seat driving the bus off the cliff. The only thing Capel could do was bench him as punishment, wait didn't he sit out half the year with ankle maladies? Hmm...

Guys, Hardrick's career with OU isn't over yet. Jury's still out.

For whatever reason we all can see that Capel can recruit,but being able to coach & mold teams together is an experiment that OU's basketball program can't afford..GO SOONERS!

Guys, Hardrick's career with OU isn't over yet. Jury's still out.

No disrespect, but the kid can't play. He's been in the system two years and he's getting outplayed by a kid who's really a small forward in Neal and a Walk on. His scholarship will be in play recruiting season. I doubt he makes it to December.

No disrespect, but the kid can't play. He's been in the system two years and he's getting outplayed by a kid who's really a small forward in Neal and a Walk on. His scholarship will be in play recruiting season. I doubt he makes it to December.

I was being sarcastic. Even my thick skull can grasp that he might as well be one of the Walking Dead at this point.

Disagree on the development part. Pretty sure Blake, Taylor Griffin, Longar, etc all drastically improved from the time they stepped on campus to the time their careers ended.

Player development is one of the smaller issues. The real issue that Capel has had is with character evaluations when bringing these guys into the program. He's signed a lot of guys (as pointed out) that couldn't stick around, and the guys he did sign that were supposed to be the core of the team had awful character issues as well.

I'm not so sure you're right about Blake, TG and LL. I could have coached Blake and Taylor. They came to OU for all of the right reasons. They're local kids and great athletes from a coaching family. For the most part, the improvements we saw came after they spent the summer at a California conditioning camp. Longer had Mark Cline.

I don't discount Capel's involvement entirely. But I'm not convinced that he can motivate and teach players at a variety of levels to perform well on a consistent basis.

This team is just too young. Way too young. Last year was a disappointment but this year is a rebuilding year. Right now he has Taylor, Osby, and Goff coming in. He needs to go get a couple o fsolid scoring guards. I personally think that he needs to pick up a midseason transfer that will be eligible come next december.

Back