Who is OSU recruiting

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
I haven't heard about anyone who they are recruiting. I know they are somewhat recruiting Clark and KC Ross-Miller and Jamison Sterns would love to go there, but I really haven't heard about anyone they're in on heavy. I think half of their 2010 class is Johnson and Shaw. Hohum, Jeff, Dig, any input?

i don't know who is among their primary targets, but i see osu on a ton of lists. they seem to be following the baylor/marquette model of throwing out offers to anyone and everyone who can play.

Neither of the two OSU sites are any good at following basketball recruiting. And there used to be a lot of insiders during the Sutton era, but apparently Ford and his guys are really tight lipped about who they are recruiting. Karron Johnson committed last year, and nobody had a CLUE it was coming.

The only ones I think it's safe to say are, Julian Washburn, and apparently Cameron Clark, but I have no idea if any interest is being reciprocated from either of them.

I don't know that they're recruiting a point guard this year. But, since Ford seems to like having two point guards out on the court at any given time, they might just try to grab another one.

If Johnson doesn't make it in, I think he has to go play Juco ball. While Shaw could enroll in a prep school.

Muonelo's a senior and Anderson's probably gone after the year. Who knows how Shaw and Johnson will come out, so they'll probably have a class of 2-4.

OSU is on football overdrive right now and from a media perspective is falling of on basketball coverage. Greg Swaim is pretty much kicked out of the OSU innercircle. Butch Pierre is really a Texas guy, but with the talent Texas will have the next few years, he'll have to compete with the best of the best. Already, OU has got the jump on Taylor, Clark, Pressey, early and Alexander and Perry are off the board. There are some guys in Texas that aren't on the Rivals radar that might get some looks from OSU. The Barnes kid that plays with Team Texas is decent and may evolve into a big12 player. He's alot like Sosanya at McGuiness. I also saw where they were recruiting Victor Olapido out of Maryland.

i don't know who is among their primary targets, but i see osu on a ton of lists. they seem to be following the baylor/marquette model of throwing out offers to anyone and everyone who can play.

haha it cracks me up how many ships Baylor is handing out! I like the strategy; offer everybody and you will get somebody. :ez-laugh:

Any update on their bigs coming in for next year? Can't remember who posted, but I remember a thread a while back saying that it looked like none of their big men signees would qualify.

Walker is qualified, Shaw will not play for osu period (go juco and doubt osu will be interested by the time he is ready), there is a chance johnson is good to go by the second semester, but most likely he goes juco.

Walker is qualified, Shaw will not play for osu period (go juco and doubt osu will be interested by the time he is ready), there is a chance johnson is good to go by the second semester, but most likely he goes juco.

Will Johnson go to juco in Oklahoma? Is he still OSU all the way or will he open his recruiting up?

Its hard to say. Ford has said a few times recently he thinks osu will get him in december. I've also heard that he will have to go juco for a year or more. I think they want to place him in their preferred juco, but I would imagine that it would be up to Karron at that point. Ford strikes me as the type of guy who would fill the scholly regardless.

Back