Why does OU appear to be inactive in recruiting now

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
UConn, Kansas, Kentucky, and Washington are very active with new recruits. Coleman is showing interest in Kentucky, Kansas, and UConn, schools recruiting Lamb and Maurice Walker, a canadian player that we had ties with, is visiting KU. My gut feeling is that we're probably in on a guy or two that we're trying to get to visit, but I have an inkling that the coaches feel confident.

I'm sure we are, but it's just not being reported yet.

UConn, Kansas, Kentucky, and Washington are very active with new recruits. Coleman is showing interest in Kentucky, Kansas, and UConn, schools recruiting Lamb and Maurice Walker, a canadian player that we had ties with, is visiting KU. My gut feeling is that we're probably in on a guy or two that we're trying to get to visit, but I have an inkling that the coaches feel confident.

Arizona is also in the thick of things with Walker.

OSU just signed a fifth guy, JUCO Darrell Williams.

Maybe Ford thinks he has to fill up OU's scholarships too...

Happy trails Teeng, Torrin Walker, and Reger Dowell.

Ford's quickly becoming one of my least favorite coaches. If a guy can't play, don't sign him. No one forced him to take Akol, Walker or Dowell. If they're so bad that he's ready to cut ties this soon, he should be able to see that during the recruitment process.

OSU just signed a fifth guy, JUCO Darrell Williams.

Maybe Ford thinks he has to fill up OU's scholarships too...

And here is Ford putting unrealistic expectations on the guy like he did with Eaton, Sid, and Pilgrim:

He’s one of the top-five junior college big men in the country. You can pretty much write down a double-double every night for him.

Back