Why isn't Ray playing?

okcsooner83

Reaction score
Nobody else is playing defense, let him get a chance. All I remember hearing during the offseason is how great he is on offense, lets see it.

Ray would not have helped... I smell a transfer.

Two of our biggest problems (defense aside) are turnovers and bad shots. Ray Willis would not help us in either of those areas.

The problem with Ray as I see it is that as soon as he gets on the floor he forces things and shoots. A young player needs to do the little things and let the offense come to him. Ryan Minor was the perfect example of what a young player should do. His freshman year he rebounded, played defense, got loose balls and scored a few points. He made things happen with effort. Taylor Griffin did the same thing (although he did it mostly rebounding). Ray has to stop being all about Ray Willis and instead being all about the team. If he does that, he has a lot of potential.

If I were Capel, I might actually put him in a game and tell him he comes out the second he shoots the ball. All I want is hustle, defense, passing and rebounding. If he can learn to help the team doing those things he will be a really good player. People may not recall this but when Sampson came to OU he asked Calvin Curry how he could help the team other than shooting 3 point shots. Ray needs to address a similar question.

I sure as hell hope he does not leave. OU needs him in practice at a minimum. The Sooners only have 10 scholarship players. They can't afford to have only 9.

He is not playing because his is not playing well enough to play more.

Have you guys not seen this team....Nobody plays defense....and tons of bad shots.....Play Ray and lets see if he can play.... for that matter play Orlando..... Wrights not getting it done either. Lets see in these early games what he has...vs waiting until tourney time and playing him when we need his size.

There's nothig Ray can bring to the floor. He's about our 6th best catch and shoot guy, our 6th best perimeter defender, our 6th best on ball defender, and our 6th best rebounding perimeter player. Sad because he's a likeable kid.

Have you guys not seen this team....Nobody plays defense....and tons of bad shots.....Play Ray and lets see if he can play.... for that matter play Orlando..... Wrights not getting it done either. Lets see in these early games what he has...vs waiting until tourney time and playing him when we need his size.

You don't reward guys that haven't earned playing time (for whatever reason), just b/c the guys ahead of them aren't playing well. Talk about sending the WRONG message.

Back