With or without WWIII - this year and next

jaymOU

Reaction score
Right now is OU better with our without WWIII? What about next year?

WWIII is supremely talented and can help OU win games this year and next - no question.

But how much stock do we put in the chemistry thing? Is he bad for OU's team chemistry? Does anyone outside the lockeroom really know?

I've heard - from a "good source" - no way WWIII will return next year, even if he doesn't opt for the NBA, he may not be welcomed back.

I don't think OU is better without WWIII, but Tramel makes a good point about a changing of the guard (no pun intended) for OU basketball. If we see the handwriting on the wall, why not push the change now. Why not focus the offense more around TMG and Tiny?

To me, this season is virtually over. Given my expectations - unrealistic as they may have been - a trip to the NIT will not be considered a success. And, at this point, a NIT bid might be the best this team can get.

Why not take your lumps, play the youngsters - Pledger and Willis - and see what happens.

In Capel I trust, but I hope he has his longer-range vision turned on, as I believe this season is all but over.

I'm trying to figure out how this is even a valid question. It almost reminds me of the OF idiots who said "Our offense will be better next year without Adrian Peterson" when he declared for the NFL.

I think the question is legit. How much - if any - does WWIII's conduct hurt this team. At what point do you foresake talent for team chemistry.

Saying this question doesn't have merit is short-sided, IMO. This is a question asked every year by many, many teams. Dallas and TO, Sprewell and Golden State, Manny and the Red Sox...on and on...

My question is are the Sooners to that level yet? And where do should Capel draw the line?

I'm trying to figure out how this is even a valid question. It almost reminds me of the OF idiots who said "Our offense will be better next year without Adrian Peterson" when he declared for the NFL.

This question and that one would only be the same if Peterson had also played defensive back and gotten burned for touchdown regularly, and on top of that had a poor attitude.

WWIII is supremely talented and can help OU win games this year and next - no question.

But how much stock do we put in the chemistry thing? Is he bad for OU's team chemistry? Does anyone outside the lockeroom really know?

I've heard - from a "good source" - no way WWIII will return next year, even if he doesn't opt for the NBA, he may not be welcomed back.

I don't think OU is better without WWIII, but Tramel makes a good point about a changing of the guard (no pun intended) for OU basketball. If we see the handwriting on the wall, why not push the change now. Why not focus the offense more around TMG and Tiny?

To me, this season is virtually over. Given my expectations - unrealistic as they may have been - a trip to the NIT will not be considered a success. And, at this point, a NIT bid might be the best this team can get.

Why not take your lumps, play the youngsters - Pledger and Willis - and see what happens.

In Capel I trust, but I hope he has his longer-range vision turned on, as I believe this season is all but over.

I think about this question all the time and have yet to be able to pick a side. Most OU basketball fans that I talk to are the same way. I know there are people that wished he would have been benched earlier this year. I also know that we all can agree that he is talented enough that if he came back next year and had a better attitude/body language he would help the team. But those are a bunch of "ifs"

well so far we have split games without willie we won one in alaska and lost the other night at tech. so far its even but with the freshman coming and hopefully 7 footer we should be better but i would def take willie back

No one's denying that he has talent, the question is if the team is better off without him. My answer is this: Willie did commit to OU, right? Until Willie decides to leave the team (be it through the NBA draft or otherwise), I say keep him on the team.

He's a young man who we would like to have a more mature attitude and focus. He's not there yet. Maybe he needs some more time to get to the level that the team needs him to be; maybe he won't ever get to that level, I don't know.

What I do know is that OU rolled out the red carpet for Willie to play here and he chose to do just that. He's in the limelight and we're witnessing a young man who is having some growing pains. Let's give him a break, let the coach handle him and hope that in the near future Willie is able to realize his tremendous talent on the court on a consistent basis.

no offense to WW intended....but I'd rather get the PT for our other guys and use the rest of the season constructively.

Much rather see more WW than see Willis run around like a chicken with it's head cut off...

WW's talent is scoring! He doesn't bring anything else to the table that is above average for a D1 player. That has stuck out like a sore thumb on an average team compare to last year on a good team.

WW has played like the old WW the last few games! With that WW we are definitely a better team!

Back