WWIII at the point = I like. Do you?

Reaction score
I think him having the ball in his hands forces him to be a leader. Also, I love TMG but at this point in his career he is a liability defensively. He is still a very valuable part of this team but him having his minutes reduced is the best way forward this year. Thoughts?

I think him having the ball in his hands forces him to be a leader. Also, I love TMG but at this point in his career he is a liability defensively. He is still a very valuable part of this team but him having his minutes reduced is the best way forward this year. Thoughts?

WW turns the ball over WAAAY too much or at least it seems that way. I don't mind him splitting time at the point...but I would tread cautiously with the idea of him as our "main" PG.

It seems that when he is handling the point guard duties he tends to turn the ball over less and try to be more of a distributor as opposed to when he is at the 2.

I don't think TMG is anymore of a defensive liability than Willie, and he turns the ball over far less.

I like TMG as the primary point, and Willie as the back-up.

I do agree with you that Willie acts more like a leader when he is playing the point.

I think the more WW has the ball the better off OU is offensively.

The problem with WW at point is he can't find that balance between selfishness and unselfishness. There are times where he should drive the lane and shoot the ball that he passes out and then times he should pass that he shoots.

Fair enough on all the points guys. I just have a feeling this is the move that could help wake Willie up and in turn spark the rest of the team

My opinion is that WW just isnt a PG at this stage in his development. He doesnt have the vision nor ball handling to handle the duties on a fulltime basis and us be a successful team. Ideally I think the best situation is still the one we all envisioned with TMG (yes he will be a star) being the primary point with WW taking over the duties in shot clock and most importantly end game situations.

The problem with WW at point is he can't find that balance between selfishness and unselfishness. There are times where he should drive the lane and shoot the ball that he passes out and then times he should pass that he shoots.

Quick is right.

TMG has a knack for running the offense and knowing where each player is on the court and more importantly, where they will end up after a move is made ( kind of like a chess match).

Back