Wwiii

jmill1200

Reaction score
Willie Warren the third. To say, he has high expectations this season, is an understatment. I'm not talking about the expectations he has for himself, I'm talking about the ones from the fans and the media. I expect alot from WWIII this season, be it a little unfair. But someone has to step up, with him being the most talented, obviously he's the man. Its going to be a challenging year for him, more attention will be directed his way. He no longer has a BG, absorbing the blunt of the defensive pressure. It will be harder for him to score this year, he will be the main objective for the opposing defenders. Will he live up to the hype, will he produce and put up the big numbers. If OU is to be sucessful this year, he will have to. I hope he does have a great year and is the first G taken in the draft. For him and OU, in fact it is important that he does. He came back for another season, like BG, when he was a for sure lottery pick, like BG. If his stock falls, it hurts Capel's credibility, if his stock rises, it solidifies Capel and his program. I think WWIII is the real deal, I think he blows us all away this year. With all that said, what do you think?

good post.

I will say this about Willie. He WANTS the spotlight, and he wants to be the man. I think he thrives on it. I think he takes the college basketball scene by storm this year. The kid is that good. Couple that with how hard he worked this summer and his dedication to being a team player and look out Big 12 and nation!

WWIII is coming for you. :williew

Don't worry, WW will be up to the task. He thrives on challenges. He has the ability to score almost at will when a game is on the line. I think we'll see more of that with Blake not around this season.

This is Willie Warren's team! :williew

Yeah I feel like WWIII is upon us, I think he's a stud. Seems like he stole the show at the Lebron James Skills Acadamy this summer. He watched BG's hard work payoff last year. I hope he steps up as the leader of this team.

Yeah I feel like WWIII is upon us, I think he's a stud. Seems like he stole the show at the Lebron James Skills Acadamy this summer. He watched BG's hard work payoff last year. I hope he steps up as the leader of this team.

The big thing that I want from Willie is to see him become a defensive stopper. He has the ability to be one of the better defending guards in the league. Its about effort and want to.

I also think he could get better on the glass. We need to gang rebound this year. Willie, Crock, and Cade all need to do their part.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WWIII

Sounds like a nickname brewing

Thats what I was going for.

The big thing that I want from Willie is to see him become a defensive stopper. He has the ability to be one of the better defending guards in the league. Its about effort and want to.

I also think he could get better on the glass. We need to gang rebound this year. Willie, Crock, and Cade all need to do their part.

I agree with you, he needs to be a shut down defender. I think he is fully capable of it. He just needs the drive.

As far as the Boards go, you are spot on. What % was BG on the boards last year? Close to half of them and some games more than half of them. Thats what we will miss the most from BG. Capel will have them ready to bang on the boards, I think we will run a small line up at times this year and the G's will have to rebound. With G's rebounding, it makes for a more run and gun, up tempo style of play.

If Tony Crocker plays inspired basketball, I think you could see Willie really put up stellar numbers. All he needs is one of the other guards to take pressure off.

Pnkranger I think you are exactly right. It may be that the opposing team's best defender is on WW in which case TC needs to punish them severly. Ray W and/or Pledger could have field days and would need to.

I think you guy's hit the nail on the head with this one...If WWIII, doesnt allow his teammates to help him we'll have a long yr. The worst thing that could happen if he doesnt want to share the pub...If he allows himself to be a decoy when needed, we'll be fine, if not?

WWIII is about to happen.

Keep in mind that what WWIII needs to show scouts is the ability to lead a team; they already knew that he could score.

Edit: Point is that I do not think that he wil try to take on too much of the load himself; particlarly in the first 30 minutes of a game. Crunchtime....you go kid.

Last edited:
Back