X and the Oklahoman + interview # 10,000

buttermaker1

Reaction score
Now that the X drama and the trashing of OU and OSU is over. Oh and the Henry family just wrapped up interview number 10,000.

MAYBE the Oklahoman can now put someone else's face on the front cover of the sports page. I believe X was on the front cover of the sports page 3 out of the last 6 days. One being a goofy Michael Jackson Thriller CD pose. The Oklahoman and Carl are comparing X to L James and Michael Jordan, no pressure there kid.

If the Henry family needs help moving out of the state I will flip them a 20 for gas money. Don't let the door hit you in the arse. Hopefully Bill Self will teach X how to pass the ball and Carl how to be respectful to your neighbors.

With this new thread you are just adding to the fire that you are claiming you want over.
Somethings are just better to let die peacefully.

I was looked through the Oklahoman to get his Album cover photo, and their were literally 20 articles on just him alone. He's had more articles this month than Blake Griffin, Willie Warren, and James Anderson combined. Brandon Chatmon at the Oklahoman would sleep with him if possible.

I was looked through the Oklahoman to get his Album cover photo, and their were literally 20 articles on just him alone. He's had more articles this month than Blake Griffin, Willie Warren, and James Anderson combined. Brandon Chatmon at the Oklahoman would sleep with him if possible.

:clap

WOW! You're right Dirty. Someone has a serious man crush at the jokelahoman. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:ez-roll:

With this new thread you are just adding to the fire that you are claiming you want over.
Somethings are just better to let die peacefully.

:ez-roll:
Buttermaker you start more X threads than the Oklahoman writes stories.
I don't know what you are going to talk about now that it's over.

That is really sad. Blake Griffin is the best non-professional basketball in the entire country and may be one of the best including the professionals. Willie Warren is the best (or top 2) freshman guards in the country. James Anderson is either the second best or third best basketball player in the state. I realize X is a big recruit but to give him more press than those three guys is ridiculous. Those three have earned any and all attention they get.

That is really sad. Blake Griffin is the best non-professional basketball in the entire country and may be one of the best including the professionals. Willie Warren is the best (or top 2) freshman guards in the country. James Anderson is either the second best or third best basketball player in the state. I realize X is a big recruit but to give him more press than those three guys is ridiculous. Those three have earned any and all attention they get.

To be honest, what articles do you want to see? Where is Blake going to go in the draft? Although I didn't read much about X in the paper, there is no news on the BG, WW, and JA front. Blake received a bunch of articles/attention when he was making his decision, and there will likely be more once the draft gets closer. Most of these X articles were related to the Oklahoman high school teams that were featured this week.

An article or two on the recruiting classes for the instate schools might be nice. The Reebok game was a few days ago at least one guy from OU and OSU played.

Now that the X drama and the trashing of OU and OSU is over. Oh and the Henry family just wrapped up interview number 10,000.

MAYBE the Oklahoman can now put someone else's face on the front cover of the sports page. I believe X was on the front cover of the sports page 3 out of the last 6 days. One being a goofy Michael Jackson Thriller CD pose. The Oklahoman and Carl are comparing X to L James and Michael Jordan, no pressure there kid.

If the Henry family needs help moving out of the state I will flip them a 20 for gas money. Don't let the door hit you in the arse. Hopefully Bill Self will teach X how to pass the ball and Carl how to be respectful to your neighbors.

:ez-laugh::ez-laugh::ez-laugh::ez-laugh::ez-laugh:

They've all 3 got a ton of attention. X has been talked about lately because it's news. How much coverage you think he'll get next week and beyond?
None.

It is not news. It is a kid and his family self promoting and the local media giving him a stage. I doubt more than few hundred people in the State of Oklahoma even care about X. I doubt more than a few thousand even know who he is.

OU and OSU probably each have a descent number of hard core fans that know this kids name but where Stoops ate dinner and what Sam Bradford wore to class are bigger stories than X.

You would never see that kind of attention given to a local kid that elected to trash OU and OSU football and sign with Texas or Nebraska. X isn't Will Sheilds and the Oklahoma papers wrote virtually nothing about him when he decided to play football at Nebraska.

It is not news.

Obviously it is. You say there should be more stories on Blake, WW, James Andersen etc yet there are more threads on the first page here about X than all those 3 combined. Why....because it's topical news right now. Obviously it's what people are interested in talking about right now.
Like I said in a week you won't here anymore stories. The week leading up to the draft it will be all Blake stories. It's news then.

this is news. Old news but news.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a_wW6Zf0Qk[/ame]

The first guy to have a tea bag party. Up to 500K views. Look at how X looks at the ref to signal for him to give WW a tech.

Last edited:
I'll never get tired of seeing that dunk. That was nasty!

Obviously it is. You say there should be more stories on Blake, WW, James Andersen etc yet there are more threads on the first page here about X than all those 3 combined. Why....because it's topical news right now. Obviously it's what people are interested in talking about right now.
Like I said in a week you won't here anymore stories. The week leading up to the draft it will be all Blake stories. It's news then.

Agreed, like it or not X is a high profile kid from OKC and that doesn't happen that often. If Blake's recruiting were as crazy as this one you better believe it would have been all over the Oklahoman.

Hawk we don't need you trying to explain the Oklahoman's behavior to OU fans.

Back