ya know....It's not necessariy the losing that I mind so much

coolm

Reaction score
I can deal with a losing team - - as long as problems are systematically identified and at least incrementally dealt with in some manner.

I am happy if it looks like we're getting better.

But when more problems seem to be snowballing (TMG's tardiness and an increasing reluctance to leave it all on the floor) then the coach really needs a flashing bullseye above his head.

NIP IT IN THE BUD COACH.

I have yet to see a single player exhausted this season. I don't mean winded...Tiny gets winded....I mean exhausted. One single player who gave it everything he had in his body to make the game his own.

not a single one.

There is no excuse for this.

Even If you don't have a single athletic tendency in your body you can contribute something by sheer effort. Sheer effort increases rebounding numbers. Sheer effort improves defense. Sheer effort wins respect, earns PT, and eventually wins games...and we're not getting it...and IMO it's coach's fault.

I think something is missing in this team. Of this teams top 7 players, 4 are true freshmen. It says something about the players not in the top 7 either by poor play, conditioning, grades or misbehavior, which also says something about the decision to recruit the players not in the top 7. These 4 freshmen were given too large of a quest and have responded like freshmen.

NIP IT IN THE BUD COACH.

There is no excuse for this.

Even If you don't have a single athletic tendency in your body you can contribute something by sheer effort. Sheer effort increases rebounding numbers. Sheer effort improves defense. Sheer effort wins respect, earns PT, and eventually wins games...and we're not getting it...and IMO it's coach's fault.

I agree. I like Coach but the lack of effort displayed by his team this year is inexcusable. If players REFUSE to give a hundred percent effort every time they step on the floor they need to sit. Coach may have to borrow some players from Stoops to get his point across. If this crap (lack of effort) continues for the remainder of the season, Jeff will have to do some serious house cleaning at the end of the year. He’ll need to take a hard look at his staff as well.

CoolM

Thank you for your constructive criticism. When we see things going in the wrong direction, IMO there are only two questions to ask: (1) is this a misperception; and, (2) if not, how are things going to be turned around?

By all his comments and actions, Coach Capel seems to realize that #1 above is not the case. Maximum effort sure seems to be a way to start on #2. I hope Coach finds a way to get that done quickly. So far humiliation (denial of facilities and practice apparel isn't seeming to do it.

Boomer Sooner!

What is he supposed to do? If he "nips", lets say, WW... we may not win another game the rest of the year.

Back