You better lock her up Joe C!

Reaction score
Just heard Tennessee has fired their women's basketball coach, wouldn't take a great leap of imagination to think they might be coming after Jenny B. What a disaster for our program to lose her at this juncture. Lock her up Joe throw whatever it takes financially

She would do a great job there…you are right we better get her locked up with a big contract immediately.

My only worry about Jennie is her recruiting top 25 players annually at OU with our resources being pedestrian compared to the top WBB schools. Tennessee’s history and I am sure NIL resources makes that no longer an issue.

The Tennessee record during her tenure was 108-52, four 20-win seasons. I agree that Jennie deserves a big raise and a great contract but Tennessee seems to want someone who walks on water ala Pat Summitt.

I think it is likely Tennessee is tired of being just another decent but not great WBB team. They will likely put feelers out to Dawn and Kim to see if there is interest. But assuming that doesn’t work I think they likely will go for someone that has gone farther in the tournament than Jennie…say someone like Kevin McGuff or Lindsey Gottlieb. But that would just create another P5 opening that might be attractive to Jennie…so it would be wise for Joe C to get something done quickly.

if we lose JB to Tennessee i'll be shocked. She's not taken our team to the 2nd weekend in the tourney so i wouldn't fire Harper and then hire JB. If you're going to fire Harper it's most likely because you want a proven coach, and I imagine Kara Lawson is also in the mixture since she's a former player. It'll be very interesting who they replace her with. Wallz??

As an example of the market for successful WBB coaches

Interesting hire…young up and comer instead of an established proven coach

But, I was told that UT would definitely try to hire Jennie, and show OU that they woefully underpay their coaches.

Agree, but for our program's sake, I hope the Iowa job isn't available for a very long time, however now that Clark is gone I can see Bluder calling it a career!

Bluder's not going anywhere. Iowa just got a commitment from from a Villanova player who was the number five scorer in NCAA Women's Basketball at 23.5 points a game. The Iowa websites are very excited and think she can fill some of Clark's role.

Back