You know you miss him....

thebigabd

Reaction score
hRHTiQoTs7bg6a8dVFBILdkS_400.gif

74759190_Indiana_v_Michigan.jpg

6a00e553e551d188340112790940f928a4-500wi

No thankyou. I enjoy watching basketball......not basketball officials.

He ruins games for me.

I heard a really funny story about Wilmer this summer, never realized he doesn't officiate tournament games.

Last year at the Big 12 Tournament I was watching the OSU-Iowa State game surrounded by several OSU fans. You remember in the first half it took like 15 minutes before the officials called a foul on ISU? Well, every time this one african-american official made a call this one Bryant Reeves OSU fan look-a-like didn't approve of, he would scream "Hightowter!" or "Hightower screwing us again!" He had no clue it actually wasn't Hightower. :D

But, yes, I do miss him. But only when he's not doing our games. Phog.net always seems to have a 5-page meltdown thread about him everytime he does one of their games, which is funny.

My buddies and I used to bet on how much time would be left on the clock when Hightower had his first "pull-opposing players together conference." If you had any later than 12 minutes left in the first half, you were a guaranteed loser.

Is the guy who had the stress fracture in his leg last year going to be back this year? (His name escapes me right now.)

Ms. Proud that was Steve Wilmer. Ed Hightower is one of a kind. I've never seen someone wear a tupe and blow calls like this man. It's absolutely amazing! BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:ez-roll:

Whenever a ref thinks he is more important than the game itself, you have trouble. Compare with Joey Crawford in the NBA...

Whenever a ref thinks he is more important than the game itself, you have trouble. Compare with Joey Crawford in the NBA...
Dick Bavetta beat Joey Crawford to death with a borrowed pair of Shaq's shoes during the offseason... True story.

Ms. Proud that was Steve Wilmer. Ed Hightower is one of a kind. I've never seen someone wear a tupe and blow calls like this man. It's absolutely amazing! BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:ez-roll:

That's his name! I hope he's back this year.

Back