YouTubeTV and the ESPN App

MsProudSooner

Reaction score
I cut the cord a few months ago and switched to YouTube TV. I've been happy with the results with one exception. In spite of paying for YouTube TV and ESPN+ I can't watch the replay of the OU/Bama basketball game yesterday. I get a message that says "This content is not available for your package or region." I'm under no illusion that I can get this changed. Does anyone have a link to a recording of the game?

Just download the ESPN app to your TV or Phone and watch it. If you pay for ESPN+ you should be able to use your login and password on the app.

Maybe there is some confusion, but ESPN+ is separate from the ESPN cable channel. It is specifically their streaming package and you have to pay for it separately.

Youtube tv has unlimited DVR so you can choose to record all OU mens hoops. You won't have to do it for every game and it doesn't matter which station on the Youtube tv it is on. Does not include espn+.

I cut the cord a few months ago and switched to YouTube TV. I've been happy with the results with one exception. In spite of paying for YouTube TV and ESPN+ I can't watch the replay of the OU/Bama basketball game yesterday. I get a message that says "This content is not available for your package or region." I'm under no illusion that I can get this changed. Does anyone have a link to a recording of the game?

Do you have a streaming device? I have a Roku and watch ESPN+, both live games and archived ones, via the ESPN Roku app. I'm sure there's a similar app for Fire sticks and other devices, if you have one. But I also record games in Youtube TV so I can rewatch them there. You can see it up so that all OU hoops games are recorded automatically.

Youtube tv has unlimited DVR so you can choose to record all OU mens hoops. You won't have to do it for every game and it doesn't matter which station on the Youtube tv it is on. Does not include espn+.

I set that up when I figured out I couldn't watch all replays on the app. Live and learn.

Do you have a streaming device? I have a Roku and watch ESPN+, both live games and archived ones, via the ESPN Roku app. I'm sure there's a similar app for Fire sticks and other devices, if you have one. But I also record games in Youtube TV so I can rewatch them there. You can see it up so that all OU hoops games are recorded automatically.

I have AppleTV. I've set YouTubeTV up to record all the basketball games now.

Maybe there is some confusion, but ESPN+ is separate from the ESPN cable channel. It is specifically their streaming package and you have to pay for it separately.

I have ESPN+ because a lot of the women's basketball games are on ESPN+.

Did you try the ESPN app on your iPhone or iPad with your ESPN+ username and password? If that doesn't work then I would contact ESPN. I think the problem might be on their end.

Did you try the ESPN app on your iPhone or iPad with your ESPN+ username and password? If that doesn't work then I would contact ESPN. I think the problem might be on their end.

Yep. You can also use the ESPN app on your TV to watch the replay. You just need to login with the credentials you used to purchase ESPN+. In my case I use my Hulu login.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keep in mind there are 2 separate logins on the espn app

there is the cable sub login (which you would use your youtube tv login for)

and there is a separate espn+ sub login ..

If you subscribe to Youtube TV, you get all of the regular ESPN channels (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN News, and SEC Network). Any OU game that's aired on any of those channels, you can watch the games live, and you'll be able to watch replays via the Youtube TV unlimited DVR (Note: you've got to designate that you want those OU games to be recorded).

However, for OU games aired on ESPN Plus (ESPN's streaming channel), you've got to subscribe to ESPN Plus ($10 per month). For that price, you will be able to watch those OU games live, and you'll also be able to watch replays of the games.

Hope that helps.

keep in mind there are 2 separate logins on the espn app

there is the cable sub login (which you would use your youtube tv login for)

and there is a separate espn+ sub login ..

I get ESPN+ through the Disney bundle on AppleTV. When I sign into the ESPN+ tab, I can watch it on my phone. I might try again on the app on Apple TV later today.

I get ESPN+ through the Disney bundle on AppleTV. When I sign into the ESPN+ tab, I can watch it on my phone. I might try again on the app on Apple TV later today.

Apple support should be able to help with that. I've always found their support to be pretty strong and painless.

Apple support should be able to help with that. I've always found their support to be pretty strong and painless.

They have a message on their website that says they can't help with 'third-party apps'.

Tried to watch ou bama on espn app(the first 4 min ) and got the Same error you did. Had to log out and log back in with my YouTube tv credentials

Back