0-1 in the "tough" non-conference games....

thebigabd

Reaction score
With the loss to VCU, OU is now 0-1 in the tough non-conference games this year... 82-69.

Arizona, Arkansas, Houston (away from home), UTEP (away from home), Utah (away from home), and Gonzaga (away from home) remain.

Here's hoping Capel can teach the boys to rotate on D in the next few weeks and not give up wide open lay-ups or threes possession after possession. That and also have them come out with some fire, ready to play.

Going 4-3 over those seven is not looking likely right now... at all.

Here's hoping Capel can teach the boys to rotate on D in the next few weeks and not give up wide open lay-ups or threes possession after possession. That and also have them come out with some fire, ready to play.

Going 4-3 over those seven is not looking likely right now... at all.

I think it's very likely to happen. Don't overreact over one game. We could easily go undefeated in the remaining tough games.

I think it's very likely to happen. Don't overreact over one game. We could easily go undefeated in the remaining tough games.

Easily go undefeated? There are a lot of tough games away from home listed up there.. Easily is the wrong word here... If OU goes undefeated in the remaining games I will paint your house.

Note that I have never painted anything in my life, so you may not want me to paint your house if OU easily goes undefeated in the most difficult non-conference schedule for OU since the Big 12 was formed.

Easily go undefeated? There are a lot of tough games away from home listed up there.. Easily is the wrong word here... If OU goes undefeated in the remaining games I will paint your house.

Note that I have never painted anything in my life, so you may not want me to paint your house if OU easily goes undefeated in the most difficult non-conference schedule for OU since the Big 12 was formed.

OU could win all those games then lose to some team that we never even thought of. I trust in Jeff Capel and this team a lot more than you do. We played horrible tonight but I doubt we see WW play and I bet this wakes up some of the younger guys to play better and we'll start to see things go the right way.

I could pitch in Big. I painted a shed one time when I was 12. I'm a pro.

OU could win all those games then lose to some team that we never even thought of. I trust in Jeff Capel and this team a lot more than you do. We played horrible tonight but I doubt we see WW play and I bet this wakes up some of the younger guys to play better and we'll start to see things go the right way.

How is it going to wake them up to get depth inside? Or wake up Wright to be a more skilled player? Or wake up Tiny to have a few years of staying inside under his belt?

I agree Nick. This was a very good experience for our team. Now the young guys have a very good idea of what it takes. To the team's credit. We never stopped competing. Give credit to VCU. They will go to the tournament again. Bradford Burgess and Rodriguez are two pretty good vets. We just have to get much better on defense. I think we will be talking about this for a few games, but I also trust Coach Capel to get this team back on track. I still like the makeup of this team very much. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

I agree Nick. This was a very good experience for our team. Now the young guys have a very good idea of what it takes. To the team's credit. We never stopped competing. Give credit to VCU. They will go to the tournament again. Bradford Burgess and Rodriguez are two pretty good vets. We just have to get much better on defense. I think we will be talking about this for a few games, but I also trust Coach Capel to get this team back on track. I still like the makeup of this team very much. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

No blowout loss is a good experience. We just need to move on and get better. Games like this will happen when you have 4 freshmen getting most of the playing time.

No blowout loss is a good experience. We just need to move on and get better. Games like this will happen when you have 4 freshmen getting most of the playing time.

NO blowout loss is (good)? Yet there is a (good) chance OU will win the rest of their tough road games?

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps such a loss like this has a chance (no matter how small of a chance that may be) to wake up the team from daydreaming in the clouds and get back to reality as to how much more work they need to put in to reach their goals?

Losses like this can serve as a measuring stick as to how far they are from the upper echelon of teams (which usually consists of ones that actually play defense). Such a loss could very well spark OU the rest of the way. At least there is hope, I suppose.

Back