6. ISU
7. BU
8. A&M
9. Mizzou
10. Tech
11. Colo
12. Neb

Who you got?

I personally don't see any team from the South finishing 5th unless OU or Texas drops. The South is going to be brutal and ISU (based somewhat on bigabd's comments) has a lot of talent. I think ISU or another north team finishes 5th and the third best team in the South is 6th.

1. KU
2. UT
3. KSU
4. OU
5. ISU
6. Mizzou
7. OSU
8. Baylor
9. Colorado
10. Tech
11. A&M
12. Neb

Really abd you think Tech is better than A&M?

1. KU
2. UT
3. KSU
4. OU
5. ISU
6. Mizzou
7. OSU
8. Baylor
9. Colorado
10. Tech
11. A&M
12. Neb

If you are correct that A&M is the 11th best team in this conference, this conference is darn good and probably the best top to bottom in the country. I don't think wins in College Station are going to be easy.

1. KU
2. UT
3. KSU
4. OU
5. OSU
6. ISU
7. ATM
8. CU
9. MU
10. Baylor
11. Tech
12. NU

Really abd you think Tech is better than A&M?

John Roberson > Donald Sloan
Nick Okorie > Derrick Roland
Brad Reese > Naji Hibbert
Mike Singletary > David Loubeau
Robert Lewandowski = Bryan Davis

Pat Knight is saying the three juco guys (Jenkins, Reese, and Tairu) are very talented and very athletic. He said they main rotation guys who will play big minutes or start.

They are better than A&M at 4 (possibly all 5) positions...

Losing Elonu and Carter is going to hurt A&M bad.. real bad. I thought A&M could be ok but then Elonu left and I see a pretty bad offensive team.

lol. Tech over A&M is silly, but Colorado over A&M is just ridiculous. A&M may make the tourney again. Colorado may not make the CBI...again. Yes, they may improve, but they were horrible last year.

Here's my rankings.

1. Kansas
2. Texas
3. Oklahoma
4. Kansas State
5. OSU
6. Texas A&M
7. Iowa State
8. Baylor
9. Missouri
10 Texas Tech
11 Colorado
12 Nebraska

I want to know why you guys think A&M will be good....

I see a team that lost a 4-year starter (Josh Carter) and an all-conference guy in the paint (Junior Elonu)... They dont have a go-to guy, they dont have a star, and they are literally a team of average players.

Sloan, average at best..
Roland, below average...
Davis, average...
Hibbert, true freshman and not a blockbuster by any means....
Loubeau, average..

And those of you guys putting Mizzou 9th and 10th, now thats RIDICULOUS... They were picked 7th by the coaches last year and won 31 games. Anderson is a great coach, and they are talented and athletic in Columbia. There is no way they finish 9th or 10th. NO WAY!

We need to get an A&M fan on here, just about every other team has a spokesmen and the way bigabd is downgrading A&M they need somebody to defend them.

We need to get an A&M fan on here, just about every other team has a spokesmen and the way bigabd is downgrading A&M they need somebody to defend them.

I know one, but I hope to God that he doesn't start posting here. I think you know who I mean, Sam....

I know one, but I hope to God that he doesn't start posting here. I think you know who I mean, Sam....
He would be an interesting addition to say the least, probably not in a good way though.

Back on topic
My Big 12
1. Texas
2. Kansas
3. Oklahoma
4. Kansas St
5. Iowa St
6. Baylor
7. Oklahoma St
8. Missouri
9. Texas A&M
10. Colorado
11. Nebraska
12. Texas Tech

UT
Kansas
OU
OSU
Kansas State
Iowa State
Baylor
Texas A&M
Missouri
Texas Tech
Nebraska
Colorado

1. KU
2. UT
3. OU
4. Mizzou
5. ISU
6. KSU
7. Baylor
8. oSu
9. TT
10. aTm
11. CU
12. NU

Higher on Mizzou than most as I think that they are a "system" team that will be good enough in most years to do well in conference. They have athletes and will win most of their games at home and steal a few on the road.

Lower on oSu than most of you at this point, they have no real inside game or depth, and did not recruit all that well to the position either. Anderson and Obi are pretty solid wings, but that is about all they have going for them IMHO.

Here's my answer to the A&M and Missouri questions.

1. A&M - they are always solid because they play defense and they are decent at recruiting. The past few years they are on or around the bubble and usually sneak in and win a game. I dont think they have sweet 16 potential or anything but the calibur of players that they have brought in the past few years is a small step below Texas and OU and at least a step above the Colorado's, Texas Tech's and Nebraska's. They should finish in the 4th-7th range.

2. Missouri - they had a great year last year because Carroll, Lawrence and Lyons were solid players, all seniors that had been in the program for a couple of years together. This years team not only lost their three top players but doesnt have another group of seniors with that talent or experience. They are going to drop off. The only question will be how far. I expect them to take a major drop not only for the reasons above, but because some of the North has improved. Kansas is a National title contender, Kansas State will be much improved and of course Colorado. :)

1. KU
2. UT
3. OU
4. Mizzou
5. ISU
6. KSU
7. Baylor
8. oSu
9. TT
10. aTm
11. CU
12. NU

Higher on Mizzou than most as I think that they are a "system" team that will be good enough in most years to do well in conference. They have athletes and will win most of their games at home and steal a few on the road.

Lower on oSu than most of you at this point, they have no real inside game or depth, and did not recruit all that well to the position either. Anderson and Obi are pretty solid wings, but that is about all they have going for them IMHO.

Mr B,

I normally would agree with you regarding Mizzou and their "system". The problem for them this year is that the middle and lower end of the conference is (imo) going to be much better than a typical Big 12 field. That is why I see them falling down so far.

Mr B,

I normally would agree with you regarding Mizzou and their "system". The problem for them this year is that the middle and lower end of the conference is (imo) going to be much better than a typical Big 12 field. That is why I see them falling down so far.
Another thing on Mizzou's system is they had two perfect big for the system. Two athletic very well conditioned bigs that gave them a big edge when trapping in the back court and such. The two guys they had last Carrol and I wanna say Lyons fit their roll perfectly. I'm not familiar with their roster this outside of the two guards they have coming back but I doubt if they will have bigs that can come in and produce and make the system as effective as it was last year with Carrol.

Back