10/22 Big 12 Rank 'em

I dont see Baylor that low. They have more talent than about half the teams in the Big 12. But then again I didnt think they would suck as hard as they did last year, so....

MU was great last year in part becaause of the seniors, but the only one who is even close to irreplaceable was Carroll. Lyons was FAR from perfect at the 5 and honestly would probably not been recruited by Anderson in the first place... Too inconsistent and passive on both ends of the floor, especially on defense. And to suggest Lawrence was one of MU's best players... just a bit of a stretch. He was the 6th best player last season, if that.

Tiller and Taylor were as responsible for MUs success last year as anything else. Those two (plus Ramsey, who will probably start at the 5 and is a HUGE defensive upgrade over Lyons) combine to give MU a senior class that will be just as good as last years, if not better.

I don't know where MU will finish, bet it will be much higher than 9 or 10.

Divided up into the levels of conference:

1. Kansas
2. Texas
----------------
3. Oklahoma
4. Kansas St.
5. Iowa St.
6. OSU
----------------
7. Mizzou
8. Baylor
9. A&M
10. Tech
---------------
11. Colorado
12. Nebbish

Soonerspiff,
Thats a nice breakdown. I totally agree. There really are different levels this year.

Here's how Rivals.com ranks the Big 12 teams this year.(They haven't ranked KU/UT yet.)
The only one I disagree with is Iowa State. Rivals has them as the 10th best team in the Big 12. I think they'll be more like 5th-7th.

Kansas
Texas
16. Oklahoma
19. Oklahoma State
27. Kansas State
29. Texas A&M
43. Baylor
75. Missouri
90. Texas Tech
94. Iowa State
129. Nebraska
184. Colorado

Divided up into the levels of conference:

1. Kansas
2. Texas
----------------
3. Oklahoma
4. Kansas St.
5. Iowa St.
6. OSU
----------------
7. Mizzou
8. Baylor
9. A&M
10. Tech
---------------
11. Colorado
12. Nebbish

I also agree with those levels. Good stuff, spiff.

I also disagree with Rivals ranking Nebraska 129th. Especially since they have Colorado 184th. I think there should be no doubt that Nebraska will finish dead last in the Big 12 this year. I would have Neb in the 200's.

I thought it was very telling that under "best player" on the rivals breakdown of Nebraska, they listed Lance Jeter.....the guy was a football player at Cincinatti and has never played a minute at Nebraska and they already think he's their best player! Man they are going to blow.

Levels- different than SoonerSpiff. I think there is much more parity 3-9.

1. Kansas
2. Texas

---------------------

3. KSU
4. OU
5. Baylor
6. Missouri
7. OSU
8. Iowa St
9. A&M

----------------------

10. Tech
11. Colorado
12. Nebraska

OSU and A&M I rank below Baylor and OU only because they go to Manhattan, Ames and Columbia. Whereas Baylor and OU have KSt, Iowa St and Missouri at home. Huge scheduling advantage for OU and Baylor. I think those 4 teams in the South are pretty equal but the schedule will make the difference.

KSt will probably be a little better than Iowa State and Missouri if Curtis Kelly can give them something and Wally Judge is a difference maker.

Without studying the schedules

1. KU
2. UT
3. OU
4. KSU
5. OSU
6. ISU
7. A&M
8. Baylor
9. Mizzou
10. Tech
11. Colorado
12. Neb

Levels- different than SoonerSpiff. I think there is much more parity 3-9.

1. Kansas
2. Texas

---------------------

3. KSU
4. OU
5. Baylor
6. Missouri
7. OSU
8. Iowa St
9. A&M

----------------------

10. Tech
11. Colorado
12. Nebraska

OSU and A&M I rank below Baylor and OU only because they go to Manhattan, Ames and Columbia. Whereas Baylor and OU have KSt, Iowa St and Missouri at home. Huge scheduling advantage for OU and Baylor. I think those 4 teams in the South are pretty equal but the schedule will make the difference.

KSt will probably be a little better than Iowa State and Missouri if Curtis Kelly can give them something and Wally Judge is a difference maker.

Good point on the schedules, DFW. I am just really excited about how good the Big 12 can be this year. Going to make for some great games.

Back