A look back at some of the non-conference wins

So it’s just a typo on the NCAA website that our NET dropped almost ten spots last week after losing to two highly ranked teams, one of which was on the road? And you’re adding a variable that wasn’t in his post when you say if we lose close games. Our losses this year have not been close with one exception. If that actually happens, it won’t drop as much, but again, that wasn’t in the original conversation. People have acted as if these are house money games where losing can’t hurt us. If we drop a pair of double digit games, we will absolutely fall in the NET.

Yes, margin of loss is what hurt ou. A couple of blowout losses to isu and Houston will cause us to drop, probably not as significantly as last week, though, because our metrics compare more favorably to the teams in the 40s versus the teams in the 30s.

That’s why I was pissed we just dribbled it out when KU was up by 10. Losses and wins by double digit are amplified by the NET metrics. That was a lack of understanding of the NET metrics by Moser imo.

Yes, margin of loss is what hurt ou. A couple of blowout losses to isu and Houston will cause us to drop, probably not as significantly as last week, though, because our metrics compare more favorably to the teams in the 40s versus the teams in the 30s.

That’s why I was pissed we just dribbled it out when KU was up by 10. Losses and wins by double digit are amplified by the NET metrics. That was a lack of understanding of the NET metrics by Moser imo.
Agree. I just don’t see us keeping it close in Ames. Maybe we can get Houston in a rock fight and keep the margin down, but the fact we lost by 10 to a KU team that struggles on the road, in a game where we led most the way, doesn’t give me a lot of hope that things will go better against the Coogs.

Agree. I just don’t see us keeping it close in Ames. Maybe we can get Houston in a rock fight and keep the margin down, but the fact we lost by 10 to a KU team that struggles on the road, in a game where we led most the way, doesn’t give me a lot of hope that things will go better against the Coogs.
OU will not score more than 40 points against Houston. But maybe OU can play good enough defense to not get blown out. I don’t think Houston is an offensive juggernaut

OU will not score more than 40 points against Houston. But maybe OU can play good enough defense to not get blown out. I don’t think Houston is an offensive juggernaut
teams houston has held to 40 or less on the season ..........................................2 ..

they are 140+ and over 200 in O

OU is 74th ..

So it’s just a typo on the NCAA website that our NET dropped almost ten spots last week after losing to two highly ranked teams, one of which was on the road? And you’re adding a variable that wasn’t in his post when you say if we lose close games. Our losses this year have not been close with one exception. If that actually happens, it won’t drop as much, but again, that wasn’t in the original conversation. People have acted as if these are house money games where losing can’t hurt us. If we drop a pair of double digit games, we will absolutely fall in the NET.
Here are the facts at the time of games.

Baylor 12 in the NET
OU was 31, fell to 32 after the game.

OU dropped from 32 to 33 by playing no one.

Kansas was 16 in the NET
OU was 33, fell to 38 after the game

OU dropped from 38 to 40 by playing no one

Back