Central Michigan is 15-10
Texas State is 13-14
UT Rio Grand Valley is 6-19
Arkansas Pine Bluff is 11-15
Green Bay is 17-10
Central Arkansas is 9-20
Monmouth is 15-12

Total: 140-175

Probably a little lopsided by MVSU being 0-26.

I still think OU has a pretty good team this year. 18-8, probably going to win at least 2 more games in regular season. Probably an 8-10 seed in the NCAA Tournament. OU would have to lose out to not make the NCAA Tournament.

Good chance of accomplishing the following this year:
  1. Making the NCAA Tournament
  2. Sweeping OSU
  3. Being more competitive ---- 8th place in the league, middle of the pack... but, if they come out and beat OSU, Cincy, and Texas (all very doable) could finish better in the league standings. If they win those 3 games a 6-7 seed is in play

And if either Providence, Ark, USC, and Iowa would’ve been losses, season would be different. They did what they had to do. When scheduling didn’t realize they would all be on down years. Providence still a good win. Did what they had to do. Win. Win 2 more get into tourney

keep in mind Providence was one of the best wins in the country ...

we smoked them BEFORE they lost their 2nd leading scorer and 2nd best player ..
lol what? They were a fringe top 25 team that we beat in our own gym. There were dozens of better wins than that in the noncon. If we are hanging our hat on beating a borderline top 25 team at home, it speaks volumes.

Arkansas is currently 12-13
Providence is 17-9
USC is 10-16
Iowa is 15-11
Mississippi Valley State is 0-26
Central Michigan is 15-10
Texas State is 13-14
UT Rio Grand Valley is 6-19
Arkansas Pine Bluff is 11-15
Green Bay is 17-10
Central Arkansas is 9-20
Monmouth is 15-12

Total: 140-175

Probably a little lopsided by MVSU being 0-26.

I still think OU has a pretty good team this year. 18-8, probably going to win at least 2 more games in regular season. Probably an 8-10 seed in the NCAA Tournament. OU would have to lose out to not make the NCAA Tournament.

Good chance of accomplishing the following this year:
  1. Making the NCAA Tournament
  2. Sweeping OSU
  3. Being more competitive ---- 8th place in the league, middle of the pack... but, if they come out and beat OSU, Cincy, and Texas (all very doable) could finish better in the league standings. If they win those 3 games a 6-7 seed is in play
As I noted yesterday, our NET is already perilously close to where it was when we missed the tournament two years ago. It simply isn’t true to say that the only way we miss out is if we lose out. If we beat OSU but that is our only remaining win, we will not make it.

If the team can get to 20 wins the season will he without a doubt a success. Nobody could argue against that. The problem is that the team is playing its worst basketball in the hardest stretch of schedule. If they continue to play bad they will not get 20 wins and the season will be another failure.

The one thing I will give credit for is the fact that they do not have a bad loss. So many times in the last six years I’ve seen OU teams lose to someone they shouldn’t and it makes making the tournament that much more difficult. Kudos to this team for taking care of business even if they had a weaker noncon schedule.

lol what? They were a fringe top 25 team that we beat in our own gym. There were dozens of better wins than that in the noncon. If we are hanging our hat on beating a borderline top 25 team at home, it speaks volumes.
I agree that 19 wins won’t cut it. And it shouldn’t. They gotta get two more to be in. Unfortunately I don’t see that happening.

The one thing I will give credit for is the fact that they do not have a bad loss. So many times in the last six years I’ve seen OU teams lose to someone they shouldn’t and it makes making the tournament that much more difficult. Kudos to this team for taking care of business even if they had a weaker noncon schedule.
I guess it depends upon one's definition, but a 15-point loss at home to texas isn't a great loss.

I guess it depends upon one's definition, but a 15-point loss at home to texas isn't a great loss.
Definitely not. But I wouldn’t call it as bad a loss as I’ve seen in the last six years. If that’s OU’s worst loss then I don’t think that’s too bad. Now, one thing OU is missing is a marquee win.

Definitely not. But I wouldn’t call it as bad a loss as I’ve seen in the last six years. If that’s OU’s worst loss then I don’t think that’s too bad. Now, one thing OU is missing is a marquee win.
If Texas jumps 3 spots in the NET, it will be a Q1 loss. Currently our only loss outside of Q1, is the Texas game.

If Texas jumps 3 spots in the NET, it will be a Q1 loss. Currently our only loss outside of Q1, is the Texas game.
Yep. OU, for the most part, has won the games they should win. But they have not stolen a win from a better team. It sucks USC and Arkansas turned out to have such bad seasons. I pray they can beat OSU, and Cincinnati and then steal one against either ISU or Houston. It’s crazy what that would do to the season. But it’s hard to picture that. Atleast last year, by now, we knew the team was bad lol. There wasn’t such a huge letdown.

Yep. OU, for the most part, has won the games they should win. But they have not stolen a win from a better team. It sucks USC and Arkansas turned out to have such bad seasons. I pray they can beat OSU, and Cincinnati and then steal one against either ISU or Houston. It’s crazy what that would do to the season. But it’s hard to picture that. Atleast last year, by now, we knew the team was bad lol. There wasn’t such a huge letdown.
At ISU might be the least winnable game we play all year other than our annual loss in the Phog. We will struggle to score 50 there. We need two of three against OSU, Cincy, and Texas. ISU is by far our best win of the season, although I’m glad we got them when we did. I don’t think even they knew how good they were yet.

Isu was a very good win. Providence was a very good win. @ksu was a good win (very good considering how we have fared there in the past ~13 years).

I still think this OU team beats OSU, Cincy, and Texas and gets to 21 and a nice cozy 7-10 seed.

I still think this OU team beats OSU, Cincy, and Texas and gets to 21 and a nice cozy 7-10 seed.
Depends on which team shows up; first half against KU or second half against KU. And who knows at this point which one it will be?

win those 3 games are they are closer to a 6 seed
They are currently an 8 at best. Beating OSU does nothing to improve that, nor would a home win against Cincy. I don’t think a win over Texas bumps us two seed lines.

They are currently an 8 at best. Beating OSU does nothing to improve that, nor would a home win against Cincy. I don’t think a win over Texas bumps us two seed lines.
Lol we are currently projected as the top 8 seed. Winning one, maybe 2 games easily gets us into 7. It is not that hard to fathom 3 wins getting us to 6. That is two Q2s and a Q1 win at Texas, would def get us to the bottom 6 spot.

Lol we are currently projected as the top 8 seed. Winning one, maybe 2 games easily gets us into 7. It is not that hard to fathom 3 wins getting us to 6. That is two Q2s and a Q1 win at Texas, would def get us to the bottom 6 spot.
And they’d be offset by two or more losses along the way. Winning Saturday does nothing. It simply avoids a disaster. Our NET is approaching the 40s. This is exactly where our noncon hurts us, as I’ve said for weeks.

Back