A look back at some of the non-conference wins

And they’d be offset by two or more losses along the way. Winning Saturday does nothing. It simply avoids a disaster. Our NET is approaching the 40s. This is exactly where our noncon hurts us, as I’ve said for weeks.
Our losses would be vs. top10 teams...huh?

FWIW, our NET is now one spot worse than it was when we missed the tourney in 2022.

FWIW, our NET is now one spot worse than it was when we missed the tourney in 2022.
I mean that makes sense. 2022 team won 19 games. This year’s team currently only has 18.

There’s plenty of blame to go around. Even with a weaker non con this team has had its opportunity for good wins and couldn’t get them. However, With that being said, the NET is a flawed system. I don’t think it’s fair to judge the team too much using it. OU beat OSU and dropped three spots in the NET while BYU lost to OU and only dropped one. I know there’s a lot that goes into it but c’mon. At the bare minimum no team should drop in any ranking system for winning.

And they’d be offset by two or more losses along the way. Winning Saturday does nothing. It simply avoids a disaster. Our NET is approaching the 40s. This is exactly where our noncon hurts us, as I’ve said for weeks.
To two top 5 teams lol.

To two top 5 teams lol.
Again, you can keep LOLing all you want. We have dropped nearly 10 spots in the last week after losing to Baylor and Kansas. If we drop another pair of uncompetitive games, we will drop more. But feel free to deny all you want.

Again, you can keep LOLing all you want. We have dropped nearly 10 spots in the last week after losing to Baylor and Kansas. If we drop another pair of uncompetitive games, we will drop more. But feel free to deny all you want.
do you ever get sick of being miserable?

do you ever get sick of being miserable?
Facts aren’t miserable. Or happy. They are just facts. Do you ever get tired of not living in reality? Is it more fun to deny facts, then act surprised when things play out just the way facts showed they would.

Facts aren’t miserable. Or happy. They are just facts. Do you ever get tired of not living in reality? Is it more fun to deny facts, then act surprised when things play out just the way facts showed they would.
Based on facts, we should win 3 of our next 4 games then.

Based on facts, we should win 3 of our next 4 games then.
Huh? I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you simply can’t read the schedule, because that makes more sense than thinking that we will be favored over ISU or Houston. And you’ll likely be surprised how close the spread is at Stillwater.

Lol, we’re all fans so take with a grain of salt. It just seems like your “facts” always support a particular narrative while other’s “facts” are just opinions or the opining of delusional fans so I lol.

I get it you don’t like Porter, that’s understandable. He very well could get fired. If OU doesn’t make the tournament, personally I’m not even that opposed. I just don’t think it’s worthwhile to fire him because he drops two games to top 5 teams down the stretch, or that he & his staff completely ****ed up the non-conference schedule because Providence isn’t an impressive enough win for you or that we played a bunch of low KP teams to improve likelihood of getting to 20 wins, or he’s vague in off-season comments etc.

Huh? I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you simply can’t read the schedule, because that makes more sense than thinking that we will be favored over ISU or Houston. And you’ll likely be surprised how close the spread is at Stillwater.
The fact is, we have already beaten OSU, Cincy and ISU. So by your own argument, we should beat them again. UH is an unknown and we'll lose to Texas. Just going off the facts.

The fact is, we have already beaten OSU, Cincy and ISU. So by your own argument, we should beat them again. UH is an unknown and we'll lose to Texas. Just going off the facts.
Man you don’t understand facts. Seems to be a common theme on this board.

Lol, we’re all fans so take with a grain of salt. It just seems like your “facts” always support a particular narrative while other’s “facts” are just opinions or the opining of delusional fans so I lol.

I get it you don’t like Porter, that’s understandable. He very well could get fired. If OU doesn’t make the tournament, personally I’m not even that opposed. I just don’t think it’s worthwhile to fire him because he drops two games to top 5 teams down the stretch, or that he & his staff completely ****ed up the non-conference schedule because Providence isn’t an impressive enough win for you or that we played a bunch of low KP teams to improve likelihood of getting to 20 wins, or he’s vague in off-season comments etc.
If you think I want him fired for any one specific reason, you’re not paying attention. I want him fired if he misses the tourney three straight years because I think that will make him a massive failure the likes of which OU basketball hasn’t seen in over 4 decades. And if he is clueless enough to put together a schedule because he thinks the raw number of wins matters, then that’s certainly additional reason to can his butt. Again, every coach in America, and even any casual fan, can easily understand what the committee values and how to best help your chances of making the tournament.

Ultimately, the fact that I’m most concerned with is this: is our name one of the 68 in the bracket on selection Sunday? So far, no and no have been the answers. Porter and his acolytes can spin it and pretend he took over an impossible situation, blame NIL, covid, the arena, the portal, the administration, the fan support, the Thunder, global warming, the selection committee, Big 12 refs, etc. Every unsuccessful coach can do that, too. The good ones just go about finding ways to win.

losing to ISU and Houston also does pretty much nothing ..

If you think I want him fired for any one specific reason, you’re not paying attention. I want him fired if he misses the tourney three straight years because I think that will make him a massive failure the likes of which OU basketball hasn’t seen in over 4 decades. And if he is clueless enough to put together a schedule because he thinks the raw number of wins matters, then that’s certainly additional reason to can his butt. Again, every coach in America, and even any casual fan, can easily understand what the committee values and how to best help your chances of making the tournament.

Ultimately, the fact that I’m most concerned with is this: is our name one of the 68 in the bracket on selection Sunday? So far, no and no have been the answers. Porter and his acolytes can spin it and pretend he took over an impossible situation, blame NIL, covid, the arena, the portal, the administration, the fan support, the Thunder, global warming, the selection committee, Big 12 refs, etc. Every unsuccessful coach can do that, too. The good ones just go about finding ways to win.
Lol yikes, sadly I have been paying attention to OU basketball for the past three years. As I mentioned already, it’s NBD to want Moser fired. He’s not John Wooden or anything. Like I said as well, if they miss the tournament three years (although OU basketball has seen worse in the last 40 years, 2009-2011 was significantly worse) I think it becomes way more justifiable to have that opinion. We’re not there yet and we’re unlikely to miss the tournament this season. Is it possible? Absolutely! But it’s not the base case right now, just check bracketmatrix!

But, back to the specific item you raised in this thread - the general consensus is that 2021 team missed the tournament despite having a solid NET rating because its win total was low relative to a lower NET ranked school like Rutgers. So OU’s staff course corrected. Their good non-conference foes also underperformed. That’s not OU’s staff’s fault. To claim that OU & Moser is solely focused on the win total like you did in the quote above is (in your words) “delusional.”

So again, look glad there are passionate fans of OU basketball. Glad you’re one of them. Not really sure that having a more moderated opinion makes other fans “delusional” or “not grounded in reality” lol.

Wrong, but again, don’t let facts get in the way of your opinion.

A loss to the #1 net team and another top 10 net on the road will not hurt our net ranking at all. In fact it might go up if we were to lose close games

A loss to the #1 net team and another top 10 net on the road will not hurt our net ranking at all. In fact it might go up if we were to lose close games
So it’s just a typo on the NCAA website that our NET dropped almost ten spots last week after losing to two highly ranked teams, one of which was on the road? And you’re adding a variable that wasn’t in his post when you say if we lose close games. Our losses this year have not been close with one exception. If that actually happens, it won’t drop as much, but again, that wasn’t in the original conversation. People have acted as if these are house money games where losing can’t hurt us. If we drop a pair of double digit games, we will absolutely fall in the NET.

Back