100 Days until OU basketball

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1685305097704595456?s=20[/TWEET]

I'm most interested in seeing if Yaya can get on the floor. he can be a solid rebounder and pick and roll guy if he can get back to full health.

I'm most interested in seeing if Yaya can get on the floor. he can be a solid rebounder and pick and roll guy if he can get back to full health.

It's interesting you mention him. He is such an unknown going into the season. It won't surprise me if he never steps on the floor, but, he does seem to possess at least a fair amount of upside -- and he gives us a different level of athleticism than the other bigs. But he has basically played 20 games total over the past three years, which makes it so hard to expect him to be a contributor. He also didn't put up impressive high school numbers even before the injuries.

Does anyone know if all of his injuries have involved the same knee?

It's interesting you mention him. He is such an unknown going into the season. It won't surprise me if he never steps on the floor, but, he does seem to possess at least a fair amount of upside -- and he gives us a different level of athleticism than the other bigs. But he has basically played 20 games total over the past three years, which makes it so hard to expect him to be a contributor. He also didn't put up impressive high school numbers even before the injuries.

Does anyone know if all of his injuries have involved the same knee?

If he plays, he won't be a major star, but I think he can do the one/two things that we don't have in the frontcourt: rebound and defend powerful players on the block. If he could do that for 4-5 minutes a game, he'll be a net positive for us.

If he plays, he won't be a major star, but I think he can do the one/two things that we don't have in the frontcourt: rebound and defend powerful players on the block. If he could do that for 4-5 minutes a game, he'll be a net positive for us.

He just has not been mentioned at all, even Moser's latest interview. Either he is a sneaky wild card, or he is a bench body.

Northweather is my sleeper this year, I have a feeling he could be a difference maker. If he can shoot 3s, like Moser says, and can be a decent pick and roll piece, we would have Tanner-lite going with Hugley IV.

Pace and Hugley IV seem to be a concern though, which gives me some cause for concern on "tempo tempo tempo" with certain lineups

He just has not been mentioned at all, even Moser's latest interview. Either he is a sneaky wild card, or he is a bench body.

Northweather is my sleeper this year, I have a feeling he could be a difference maker. If he can shoot 3s, like Moser says, and can be a decent pick and roll piece, we would have Tanner-lite going with Hugley IV.

Pace and Hugley IV seem to be a concern though, which gives me some cause for concern on "tempo tempo tempo" with certain lineups

I agree with the last point. That was concerning to hear Moser say. If your starting five, who was brought in to be a difference maker in the frontcourt, doesn’t have the speed/stamina to play fast, then all the talk of playing faster won’t matter. As some noted when the roster was updated, his weight immediately jumped off the page.

Last edited:
I agree with the last point. That was concerning to hear Moser say. If your starting five, who was brought in to be a difference maker in the frontcourt, doesn’t have the speed/stamina to play fast, then all the talk of playing faster won’t matter. As some noted when the roster was updated, his weight immediately jumped off the page.

Most coaches in the offseason say they will play faster. We played very slow last year, so we have many shades of "faster" to go through before get to "fast." Even speeding up, I don't think we will not be in the top half of the league in tempo.

Hopefully OU doesn't open with Sam Houston State again.

If we lose to central Michigan, I’d bet moser gets fired by the end of the season.

Schedule predictions? W-L?

If we lose to central Michigan, I’d bet moser gets fired by the end of the season.

Schedule predictions? W-L?

39-1. With the only loss coming to Central Michigan.

Back