OU VS USC in San Diego 2:30pm CST on Fox

Even if this team lost a close game today the team I saw on the court vs USC has a shot at winning in the NCAA Tournament. Still a long ways to go but this is probably the best team we've seen in Norman since the Buddy teams.

That was a lot of fun. Great game between two very athletic teams. Great win. Porter has put together a very good team. Awesome!

The most fun I’ve had since our FF team!

These young guys are very fun to watch. I lost the feed with a few seconds to go, while in the gym trying to burn off some Holiday calories. It was so exciting to see the game-winning putback on my phone once I got in my car.....

Full thoughts after rewatching the game as I was at work and only partially watching the game live.

The key part of the game was when OU went down 47-39 early in the 2nd half. Looking like USC was taking over the game. Instead OU answered with a quick 3 from McCollum, Steal and rim shaker dunk from Oweh. Then a quick transition basket for Godwin. Last year I don't see OU recovering when they get down 8 and it would have compounded to a blowout loss.

Uzan while he still is struggling from the field is showing signs of getting out of it. But as long as he's doing everything else well I don't think that will matter as much.

To go with that last point. Oweh, Moore, Soares and to some extent McCollum are capable of getting to the rim. Maybe we would have one guy that could do that in the past but not multiple.

Been driving back to DFW...and just got home. Got to watch the entire 2nd half. What a game! I will review it closer when I've calmed down and am have had a good nights rest. Awesome put back!

What a win. Cannot be overstated.

The moxy to punch back when USC was up 7-8 in the 2nd half. Everyone contributing instead of relying on one guy to play 1-on-1 and get 25 points. EXECUTING DOWN THE STRETCH (the “foul” on Oweh after the missed FT was ridiculous). I was overjoyed when the game winner went in. Of course, this whole matchup was personal because of L*ncoln Ri*ey.

The eye test highly suggested we’d improved over last year’s team, but I needed to see us actually win a close against a good team to know for sure. Proud of these guys. Hope to see a full(er) LNC very soon. The guys deserve it.

Amazing win by the Sooners!

Darthard will want to forget his play this tournament though.

I'm not sold on Darthard yet. Cooper should be gunning for his minutes.

Sorry for expressing my opinion on a message board. How awful of me.

Tell you what, I’ll just stop posting. I’ll let all the sunshine pumpers drool and have fun during another crappy season. Enjoy.

I see Wichita has been lurking… come back and join us. We aren’t going undefeated but give us your thoughts.

What I can't get over is how smooth the offense runs and how all our guys attack the basket. The last few years I watch teams late in the tourney and it's like poetry in motion how they move, pass, and score. I'm not saying this team is a "late in the tourney" team, but man they sure have the look of how those type teams play. The defense and athleticism added in with that. Having 6-6, 6-7 athletic wing guys who can play make a huge difference. But again, how these guys have gelled so quick is amazing..

Not to dredge up the past and no offense to them, but these guys make the CJ Nolands and those guys look like amateur hour. Another thing I want to know is how did Moser suddenly get guys who could really play like this? Why not last year or the year before? Did OU finally ramp up their NIL? Regardless, so far i'm happy. But like many say the real test will be conference. How many of these early season tournaments and name non con opponents do we school only to revert back in conference? Looking forward to it, though.

What I can't get over is how smooth the offense runs and how all our guys attack the basket. The last few years I watch teams late in the tourney and it's like poetry in motion how they move, pass, and score. I'm not saying this team is a "late in the tourney" team, but man they sure have the look of how those type teams play. The defense and athleticism added in with that. Having 6-6, 6-7 athletic wing guys who can play make a huge difference. But again, how these guys have gelled so quick is amazing..

Not to dredge up the past and no offense to them, but these guys make the CJ Nolands and those guys look like amateur hour. Another thing I want to know is how did Moser suddenly get guys who could really play like this? Why not last year or the year before? Did OU finally ramp up their NIL? Regardless, so far i'm happy. But like many say the real test will be conference. How many of these early season tournaments and name non con opponents do we school only to revert back in conference? Looking forward to it, though.

I think it took Porter a year and half to realize… you need dudes in the big 12. Not just fundamental, high iq players. Right wrong or indifferent. There was an adjustment period.

Besides javian. Most were avg p5 dudes. But they were athletic basketball players. They fit!

There is no doubt Moser can recruit. He clearly can connect with guys. I just think he didn't understand what he needed to compete in the Big 12 until after last season. Now, this team has the athleticism to compete.

I think it took Porter a year and half to realize… you need dudes in the big 12. Not just fundamental, high iq players. Right wrong or indifferent. There was an adjustment period.

Besides javian. Most were avg p5 dudes. But they were athletic basketball players. They fit!

I agree. OSU, last year, had worse basketball players than OU last year but much better athletes. Sure enough, OSU beat OU three times.

There is no doubt Moser can recruit. He clearly can connect with guys. I just think he didn't understand what he needed to compete in the Big 12 until after last season. Now, this team has the athleticism to compete.

And it’s a vicious cycle.

We’ll lose some dudes. We’ll need more.

Cooper needs to see the jump Otega has taken and not get discouraged (not saying he is) it’s super early.

This just goes to show how with the right transfers around core guys (uzan and otega), you can change your fortune on a dime year-to-year (honestly is applying more and more to football as well). A lot of these athletic guys are some I definitely have not seen in some time, especially Jalon Moore— he is giving me Juan patillo vibes.

Very satisfied thus far.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1728190790328000622?s=20[/TWEET]

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1728188650574508156?s=20[/TWEET]

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/TheTraeYoung/status/1728182303917228126?s=20[/TWEET]

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1728193497931612271?s=20[/TWEET]

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1728201538064253366?s=20[/TWEET]

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1728203320781938700?s=20[/TWEET]

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1728441873348559221?s=20[/TWEET]

Back